Rant/Vent

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ZJsMom

Proud Parent
I haven't been visiting Chalkbucket much lately. I apologize for coming here just to vent, but I'm really mad about this situation and want to share with people who will understand, or who will tell me I'm overreacting. :)

So my son moved to a new gym just before this season started. He's competed with the new gym all season with no problems adding him to their roster on meets. The last meet on the schedule before states is a big meet hosted by his former gym. He's had a season that is shorter than he's used to (old gym usually did 8 meets before states whereas new gym only does 5) and it's not exactly going to be a cakewalk for him to qualify for regionals this year. So yesterday we were told that the session for his level is full and he will not be allowed to compete at ex-gym's meet this weekend.

I'm just livid. In the session in question, there are rotations with 12 boys in them and the rotation that my son's team is in only has 11. Yet they can't have a 12th in that rotation? Really? :mad: I can't help feeling that ex-gym owner, who is the meet director and exercises complete control over this meet is being a jerk.

In addition to needing the practice before states, this is one of my son's favorite meets. He was talking about getting one of the custom sweatshirts that are a unique feature of the meet.

So I'm interested whether people agree, or think I'm overreacting.

Not acceptable. I would get the hc to call the state USAG folk and make a complaint. Of course you can't prove why he is being excluded, but you can show the other rotations have 12 kids in them and your clubs has only 11.

Some adults need to grow up.

What a childish thing to do!! Can your son's coach or gym owner contact ex-gym owner to appeal this?

Not acceptable. I would get the hc to call the state USAG folk and make a complaint. Of course you can't prove why he is being excluded, but you can show the other rotations have 12 kids in them and your clubs has only 11.

Some adults need to grow up.
I agree with Bog here, it just doesn't seem to add up. Maybe someone calling to check up on him would push him to make the right choice. This sport is about the kids involved, I hate it when coaches decide to make it about their own ego instead.

I haven't been visiting Chalkbucket much lately. I apologize for coming here just to vent, but I'm really mad about this situation and want to share with people who will understand, or who will tell me I'm overreacting. :)

So my son moved to a new gym just before this season started. He's competed with the new gym all season with no problems adding him to their roster on meets. The last meet on the schedule before states is a big meet hosted by his former gym. He's had a season that is shorter than he's used to (old gym usually did 8 meets before states whereas new gym only does 5) and it's not exactly going to be a cakewalk for him to qualify for regionals this year. So yesterday we were told that the session for his level is full and he will not be allowed to compete at ex-gym's meet this weekend.

I'm just livid. In the session in question, there are rotations with 12 boys in them and the rotation that my son's team is in only has 11. Yet they can't have a 12th in that rotation? Really? :mad: I can't help feeling that ex-gym owner, who is the meet director and exercises complete control over this meet is being a jerk.

In addition to needing the practice before states, this is one of my son's favorite meets. He was talking about getting one of the custom sweatshirts that are a unique feature of the meet.

So I'm interested whether people agree, or think I'm overreacting.

bullcrap! there is no way that there is not an opening for a boy in a BOYS meet. call your boys state director. such bullcrap!!

Thanks everyone for the support. The meet has come and gone. Ds did a private this weekend instead and is focusing on getting ready for states.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back