Parents sectional #1 tomorrow

• Thread starter Thread starter cher062
  • Start date Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
C

cher062

Well sunday at 9am DD goes to sectionals. When I looked at some of the "competitive" gyms their names are not on the rosters?? Including our old gym. Can't imagine a gym not going to a sectional if their girls qualified?:confused: Well hopefully dd will do amazingly well. crossing fingers and toes and taking all the luck fairies I can find.

Good luck to your dd! Sounds like she is having a great season. Let us know how she did!

Good luck at her sectional.

There must be more than one if a bunch of gyms are not competing this one. Think of it as a chance for dd to relax without the stress of competing in front of her old gym.

Can't wait to hear how she did...

We are back!! Yes she qualified for states with an AA of 34.25 (this was one of her lowest scores this season) She had a lousy start on floor and total butt landing on her Front handspring front tuck tumble pass. She hasn't done that in a very long time. ended up with a 8.125 on floor a far cry from the 9.5 at the last meet. bars 9.125 placing first she ended up 5th all around with her 34.25 can't remember right now what she got on vault I think i t was in the 8.8 or 8.7 range and her beam I think in the 8.3ish range.

One girl on our team fell 3 times on her beam which she never does and ended up with a 6.25 and missed qualifying by less than 0.2 She was so upset and heart broken today. I don't think she was feeling well because at practice last night she seemed a bit off too. Everyone else qualified.

there were alot of gyms there but not alot of girls from each gym. I'm thinking that the gyms I thought would be there might not have qualified for this round. They do have another chance in 4 weeks at Sectional #2. If they don't show up there then they don't go to states. Will be interesting to see who shows up.

Well our next meet is march 5th in Washington DC - DD is so excited about this one being a big travel meet. I've also planned to skip school on friday and head down in the AM and not come back until late Monday - A mom and me meet/vacation!! I need that. Dad can't get off work so its just us girls.

Oh probably won't be a video on this as the set up of the sectional wasn't the best for photos very hard to do video without everyone walking in front of you.

Sounds like she did great! I am sure she must have been nervous, I am betting at the next one she will feel more settled and probably blow everyone away! =)

Too bad about the fall, but she qualified.
Now she puts that away and focuses on the next meet.
Is that Capital Cup? Our old gym always went to that one. Very nice facility for that meet, and a well run meet in our experiences.

The way I understand it from our coaches, there are pre sectionals and sectionals (I think!) And I think you need a certain score at a pre sectional to qualify for the sectional and then a certain score at sectional to qualify for states.

And, I think I also understand (again, may be wrong!) that there are actually a few meets during the season that count as sectionals (something about if it is at an outside facility not in a home gym??) So, you might be competing at a sectional and not really know it (it's not advertised that way)

There was a level 5/6 sectional today and I know my friend's daughter (from another gym) was the only girl from her gym competing because she needed to go to qualify for States. However no one from my daughter's gym went to the sectional because they have all already qualified at some other (unknown!) sectional.

Hope this makes sense, as it only makes vague sense to me!

Congrats on qulaifying! 34 + AA is nothing bad- no matter how bad it seemed starting off. Good luck at states!

Glad to hear that she qualified despite the rough start! The meet in DC sounds like fun-would love to go to that one. Good luck this weekend!

Too bad about the fall, but she qualified.
Now she puts that away and focuses on the next meet.
Is that Capital Cup? Our old gym always went to that one. Very nice facility for that meet, and a well run meet in our experiences.

Yes it is the capital Cup - this will be the 1st time our gym has attended this one.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back