WAG Should she change gyms? Spinoff thread

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Ariel

Proud Parent
Reaction score
Our gym only upgraded the minimum required skills for the xcel team even though other gyms are doing layouts, half’s, and fulls on floor while our girls are doing round off tucks and fhspf. On beam their up skills are round offs and cart wheel cart wheels. Which is frustrating to me because now we cannot change gyms because they require layouts on floor, bhs on beam, and cast to handstand on bars. I don’t know what to do because she wants to change gyms. Her current gym has no pit or resi mats. Any ideas?

Our gym only upgraded the minimum required skills for the xcel team even though other gyms are doing layouts, half’s, and fulls on floor while our girls are doing round off tucks and fhspf. On beam their up skills are round offs and cart wheel cart wheels. Which is frustrating to me because now we cannot change gyms because they require layouts on floor, bhs on beam, and cast to handstand on bars. I don’t know what to do because she wants to change gyms. Her current gym has no pit or resi mats. Any ideas?

Find gyms that fit your commuting/price/other criteria and take her for tryouts anyway, knowing that she will likely need to repeat her current level (or perhaps even scratch events) while she catches up on skills. If she wants a change and you don't change gyms, she will likely quit in a year or two anyway.

Go for tryouts. This is prime "uptraining" time so she has time to get those new skills if she gets into a new gym soon. Yes, they may want her to repeat if she doesnt get the skills in time... HOWEVER, even if she repeats, it would be with bigger skills ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

THE BEST OF ALL TIME

Back