WAG Sinding Larsen Johanssen syndrome

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Canadian_gym_mom

Proud Parent
Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with this? My dd has been diagnosed and given instructions to ice, stretches for her quad muscles ( she is really tight through there), and to rest when the pain is bad.

My question is whether anyone has used a brace, those knee bands that kids use for Osgood Sclatters, or tape/kinesio tape with any success?

pretty common. osteochondrosis. the knee straps used in our sport work well with this. Chopats, Mueller, etc:

this is a newer one: Link Removed

i understand from some other coaches that it works just as well. if Sinding is manage properly, this means coaches, it resolves itself in approx 5-15 weeks. if not? maybe 5-18 months.

pretty common. osteochondrosis. the knee straps used in our sport work well with this. Chopats, Mueller, etc:

this is a newer one: Link Removed

i understand from some other coaches that it works just as well. if Sinding is manage properly, this means coaches, it resolves itself in approx 5-15 weeks. if not? maybe 5-18 months.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "managing it properly" and what that entails?

you must manage the repetitions on landings on soft surface, hard surface, foot strikes in vaulting and tumbling. numbers must be low and you never bring the knees to pain. the coach must experiment and find what her threshold is.

Has anyone had experience with this? My dd has been diagnosed and given instructions to ice, stretches for her quad muscles ( she is really tight through there), and to rest when the pain is bad.

My question is whether anyone has used a brace, those knee bands that kids use for Osgood Sclatters, or tape/kinesio tape with any success?
Yup dd had it after level 5 season and it took about 4-6 months to totally go away. For the first month she did no running, tumbling or vault at all then slowly added some in after it started to feel better. Also did physical therapy excersises/stretching and used a cho pat strap. Iceing was a must after practice. Oscon vitamin supplement may have helped too lol. She did it all. Hope your dd feels better soon

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back