Parents Sorry I feel the need shamelessly brag.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmomtotwo

Proud Parent
Hi there. Haven't seen 6 year old DD practice in awhile and they are never on beam at the end of practice. I have two other kids with busy schedules in other sports, so pickup is the only time to figure out what's going on. Anyway, went to the gym during practice to meet a mom who is making a couple of leos for DD, and they happened to be on beam. Last I saw, she would occasionally land a (somewhat bent knee) cartwheel on the low beam. I proceeded towatch her do 6 nice looking cartwheels in a row on the HIGH beam. I was standing there thinking what's she doing on the high beam. I was worried she would get hurt. It looks so high for such a tiny kid. I couldn't believe it! The coaches are right, it is more fun to see progress if you don't watch all the time. She also did some handstands and split handstands up there. Yeah, progress!

It is so wonderful to see the changes when you pop in occasionally. Enjoy the moments when you see this kind of progress, it is a reminder of why we let them engage in this crazy wonderful activity!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back