Off Topic Sports medicine doctors

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Do anyone know of some really good sports medicine doctors that have good experience with gymnasts? I am only xcel gold but have butchered both of my knees in the past 4 years by hyper extending and dislocating Multiple times. My mom and I think I may have something called Runner’s knee also known as jumpers knee but that is just based off a google search That oddly matched my pain exactly. Preferably in Virginia!

We don't recommend Dr.'s on ChalkBucket. That would be up to you and your family to research. You would just need to look for and orthopedic doctor that specializes in knees.

For something like jumper's knee non-surgical sports physicians (they are sports specialized primary care/family practice doctors often work within ortho departments, in the sports division) can help. But if you are "dislocating" your knees (perhaps your patella?), don't google by your presumed diagnosis or even based on "who treats gymnasts". Just start with pediatric orthopaedic sports specific if possible or sports ortho surgeon. Virginia is huge, obviously and much would depend on your age as many adult sports surgeons won't see kids. Richmond (OrthoVA), Charlottesville (UVA), and many practices in NoVA will have plenty of options.

Find a doctor who will also consider Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (Rheumatologist or Geneticist) as an underlying reason for the hyperextension/dislocation. A good PT can possibly recommend one if they can first document the hypermobility.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back