MAG States

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
Since this is our first year of competition I am wondering how states works for awards. Do they give out awards for top 3 or more? Do the kids get anything for participating? I see kids walk around with t-shirts but I assume those are bought from vendors.

There is no single answer to your questions across the US. Each state sets the guidelines they will use for thier state meet at each level within the boundaries established by USAG.

I found a link to the state specific rules on our state's website. It includes very specific instructions on how awards are to be done.

So, in our state, awards go out about 51% I think. Not 100% on that, but it seems to be about that. Everyone gets a plaque, and when you place, you get a sticker to put on it with all the info on place, event, age group. Tshirts are usually ordered by coach when he signs up the boys for the meet. BUt it is different everywhere.

It may also vary by level. In my state, they go out further for the level 4s than for other levels.

We go out 10 places for events and AA. That's for all levels I think. They also recognize all regional qualifiers regardless of place. Tshirts are for sale and are not cheap! That & regionals are the two places I give in and buy them!

In GA the top 50%, rounded up, receive medals for each skill. Same % for AA, but some meets give small trophies for top 3. Given these are all USAG sanctioned events, I wonder why they don't have a standard?

Our state meet medaled 51% of events and everyone in the AA. State champs were given formal invitations to the champion's banquet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back