WAG Sudden Mental Block

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

hawaii_gymnast

Coach
Gymnast
Judge
I know there are a lot of threads on here about mental blocks and fears but I haven't seen anything similiar. Feel free to give me a link if you know there is one. So basically I have been fine with giants and flyaways so quite some time, but then all of a sudden on Friday night I casted to go to flyaway and then didn't let go and then tried again and the same thing happened. I decided to just let it go and move on to something else for that day. But then tonight I would cast to flyaway and just jump off the bar whether I was going into flyaway or giant. Something feels just slightly off and my body just won't let me do it. I don't understand because I have done them without any problems for quite some time especially flyaway, and now I won't let myself. Has this happened to you before and if it has what have you done to get through it? What would you do with your athlete if you noticed this happening? Also I am not the athlete that gets plagued my mental blocks so I don't think my coach really realizes that I am having an issue other than just it being a little off today. What should I do?
Thanks

go back to the beginning. 3 basic swings to flyaway. then kip short cast to flyaway. then kip cast to hand then flyaway. the 1 giant to flyaway. then 2...and so forth.

best thing you can do is to always go back to the beginning.:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back