WAG Thanks CB!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Muddlethru

Proud Parent
Reaction score
When I joined CB in 2010 (maybe end of 2009?), I was your resident whinner, complainer, worry wart. My daughter's old gym was not that good. She was there since she started at 7. I knew she needed to switch gyms, but she loved her friends and was comfortable with her coach. I too liked the girls and their parents. And the gym was 5 minutes away! So, I felt stuck. I used CB as my outlet. Because of all the negative comments I posted, I always worried going into the gym and wondering if the coaches would figure me out. I knew the coaches liked me. So, when I'd go to the gym, I'd sit there trying to figure out their body language and how they reacted to me. I was always worried but I could not help but be so unhappy with their coaching and just needed to vent. One of our team parents figured me out right off the bat. Luckily, they are good trustworthy people and eventually left the gym. The fact they figured me out so quickly was a testament to the accuracy of my concerns. My daughter switched gyms this year on dunno's suggestion and is now in a better place. It was traumatic for us. But everything is so much better. So I no longer post negative comments, except for occasional information seeking questions. I no longer need to hide too much or worry.

I like CB. It has gotten me through some tough times. I was and am very surprised with the distinguished coaches in this website. Their valuable suggestions and information has made me a more informed, less crazy parent. Their generosity and willingness to share information and help strangers is unparalleled.

CB and dunno helped us through a traumatic but much-needed gym change as well. Don't know what I'd do without it!

I think I am exactly where you were when you joined. I am complaining a lot on CB while I sort out these issues. So glad to hear you and your daughter are in a good place now. :)

Thank you being a great member.

Don't forget to tell all your friends about ChalkBucket if you like it!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back