MAG Thumb Pain

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
Ugh. D's left thumb is hurting. There is no point tenderness anywhere. you can push along the bone without any pain. It hurts in the "fat pad" for lack of better word, and around the inside. Appt. tomorrow. No direct injury to it at all....opefully just bruised.

I've bone bruised the side of my thumb joint before and it felt like that, but there was also an identifiable sore point, too. (PSA, don't stick your hand in a Kitchen aid mixer when it's turned on.) Hope it's nothing, keep us posted!

I have squeezed the bone all the way up and down, the joint different ways, all the way down into the wrist with no pain. It hurts in support, and if he does a pincer grasp or pulls on something. I think he pulled the tendons/ligaments playing too many video games this weekend, as the pain started on Monday after his sleepover with his friend where they played a lot. Of course, he says no. i found an old thumb stabilizer brace that I am going to put on him tonight.

Oh, and no pain at all moving it, or the wrist...please be soft tissue!!! LOL!

And that would be the way of the gymnast, wouldn't it? No, not hurting himself in the gym, but doing something like playing video games!

Yeah. I mean, the pain started in gym, but just came on slowly. Nothing happened...sigh. Braced now.

So.....

Apparently he has a healed/healing stress fracture at the growth plate in his thumb. Stable..no need to do anything. growth plate in the thumb is closed, but not anywhere else. not sure what that means. Doc said he has grown up sized hands so really they all will close soon. Gym is a go, "use pain as a guide" D opted to take tonight off due to a family birthday dinner, so he will have 5 total days off. Hopefully the pain will go away in that time.

OMG, the "use pain as a guide" thing. Do these people not realize they are dealing with gymnasts?

OMG, the "use pain as a guide" thing. Do these people not realize they are dealing with gymnasts?

This guy actually did! he said that he hates when doctors use the "cast just in case" with gymnasts because he knows what that can do. And he also told D that he should watch when he can't do because he will learn faster that way. He was awesome! Will totally go back to him for the next injury.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back