Parents Unhealthy gym environment?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Barsl

Proud Parent
Reaction score
What are some warning signs that you are not in a good gymnastics environment?
At what point do you say, it's time to leave?

the question seems so broad i'm just not sure how to answer.

but given the question my generalized answer would be that it would be time to leave if my child's physical or emotional health were suffering and there was no way to improve the situation.

If my daughter is coming off the floor miserable nearly all the time, we isolate gym or gymnastics and take it from there.

when feedback/coaching/"corrections"/"teaching" is destructive instead of constructive.
We were in the boat and I thought my 9 years involved with this owner would help us to solve the problems, but boy was I wrong. Lots of lip service and no changes for 15 months. I only regret not leaving a year sooner. So if you are asking the question, my guess is you know the answer/path needed.

when feedback/coaching/"corrections"/"teaching" is destructive instead of constructive.
We were in the boat and I thought my 9 years involved with this owner would help us to solve the problems, but boy was I wrong. Lots of lip service and no changes for 15 months. I only regret not leaving a year sooner. So if you are asking the question, my guess is you know the answer/path needed.
When ever I have a concern, the coaches perspective is that I have no business wanting to discuss anything and that I should take a backseat 100% of the time.
When the coach finally does want to discuss issues, it's not discussed privately and seems to be more of a show to display authority.

When ever I have a concern, the coaches perspective is that I have no business wanting to discuss anything and that I should take a backseat 100% of the time.
When the coach finally does want to discuss issues, it's not discussed privately and seems to be more of a show to display authority.
Sounds like warning signs to me.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back