Parents Unsupervised training

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
My DD is training to move up to XCEL Silver and lately she and a few other girls have been placed to the side alot to train on their own. How is this beneficial to them getting better?

I think it’s pretty typical for girls to get assignments to go do without a coach hovering over them all the time. Some things just need repetition and don’t require constant feedback.

I think it’s pretty typical for girls to get assignments to go do without a coach hovering over them all the time. Some things just need repetition and don’t require constant feedback.
I agree, however, these are very new and it's not just once or twice. This is several times on different apparatus. I don't like rocking the boat but the girls don't seem to get same time with the coaches as others, am I missing something?

How old is your DD? How many girls are in her training group? What are their ages / levels relative to your DD?

My boys are in the same training group, and to keep the athletes working, their coach will have the athletes in groups of 3 or 4 on different apparatus. He will work closely with the boys learning new skills / needing a spot, and just correct the others occasionally from afar.

She is 8. There is 13( her being youngest upto oldest of 12) in the level all together. And only 3 or 4 keep being separated out. While the rest train together with spotters and such. The are actually Xcel Silver going to Gold.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Such a cool transition! 🤩

2024 Gymnastics For All GymFest

Back