Parents update and other activities

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Reaction score
So daughter has her last volleyball game this weekend. I told her she could not do cheerleading because the competition schedule conflicted with gym meet schedules and practices are 6-9 one the days I work and it interfers with gym practice 1 day (the cheer coachs said she could come after gym but then she would have gym 430 till 730 then cheer till 9 IMHO way too much for a 10yo). The other reason is there is a lot of drama withe cheerleaders other parents I have talked have told me about. Daughter admitted she only wanted to do it to hang out with her friends(there always seems to be a lot of cliquiness with these girls).
Older daughter is in her last year of swim with our parrish school. This is a great fun low key swim team. So I was thrilled when gymnast said is it to late to join swim. She did it in the past but it always conflicted with gym. This year the schedule works out that swim practice falls out on a day she is off gym plus it is only 1 hour. The meets happen to be Sunday nights in when we do not have gym meets,plus I am already there with her sister.
Last night was her 1st night of practice . She was so funny she came out and said she accidently did a front layout off the diving board. She says her body just automatically wants to flip and she loves doing flip turns. Then she complained about how cold she was. So we will see, she says volleyball is boring swim was alright but she still likes gymnastics the best. I think by letting her try other things she is realizing that gymnastics is her thing. We will see I think she is starting to worry about her first meet as a new level 6 I keep telling her she will do okay and that if she is not ready for an event her coaches are not going to let her compete that event. Her bars and vault are good. She is worried about the bwo on beam, she says she does not always land it and her double FHS on floor. I told her she has 3 weeks to work on things. I think the coaches have told her that level 6 scoring is really tough probally just to make then work harder. I have not really seen her at practice so I quess I will see in 3 weeks.

That sounds like it is all working out really well!

(by the way - if she was swimming and 'couldnt help but do a layout on diving board' - what about looking into diving? - is that available in your area? )

Here at least, scoring IS really hard at level 6. It's a huge jump from level 5.

But--so glad that letting her try other things is leading her to see that she really loves gymnastics.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back