WAG Value Parts and Start Values

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

thefellowsmom

Proud Parent
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm hoping for a little clarification for my daughter. Due to a few last minutes decisions both by her during her routine and her coach right before her routine, she ended up missing a B skill in her level 7 routine. She needed two and only had one.

Yet, when her score card arrived it said she had a 10.0 start value on floor. I thought that missing value parts would be reflected in the start value. Could they have missed the fact that there was a missing skill or do you think they just took the .3 as a deduction?

Well, I can think of a few scenarios.

The judges missed that something was missing or they gave her credit for something she didn't do. Probably not very likely, but I guess it could happen.

Another option would be the person who wrote the SV on the card just got it wrong. I can see how a person could get in the habit of writing 10 so they missed that the SV was actually a 9.7.

My other thought is, are you sure she didn't throw in a B skill? I'm sure you've been over it in your head, but there are some skills that seem like they should be A's but are actually B's.

Did you see the SV displayed by the judges after the routine was completed?

I'm pretty sure that there was no B in there I didn't know about. I watched the video back to make sure. I didn't see the judges post the start value. Like you said, maybe they just wrote it down wrong. No biggie, my dd was just wondering whether her score was a mistake or with the .3 back in would be a correct reflection of what she is capable of. Thanks!

I have seen judges miss the fact that a B skill is missing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back