Parents We have our fall schedule, leo, music!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

nettyinpa

It's been an exciting week. Dropped dd off at gym this morning and her fall schedule was in our mailbox. She'll be going approx. 18 hours a week. Mon-6-9, Tues 4-7, Wed. off, Thurs 4-8:30, Fri. 6-9 and Sat. 12-3:30. I have to admit I'm not too happy with the 9:00 end time, especially with school, and the increase she'll be seeing in homework. But, we'll work it out.

DD's dance coach/choreographer okayed her choice for her floor routine. It's the theme from the movie UP. Check it out:

http://floorexpressmusic.com/full-length-demos/CD2209-Up-Demo.mp3

And, we saw a picture of our new leos. The colors are some kind of pale gold on the top, oceanic blue in the mid-section and black on the bottom. The warm-up will match.

attachment.php

I can't believe our fall schedule starts in 2 weeks. Where has the summer gone? Anyone else have their fall schedules yet?

Thanks for letting me share! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like she is going to be a busy girl lol.

We got our fall schedule back in May, but our fall schedule starts on Monday. Crazy where did the summer go. I am kinda glad that fall schedule is going to be starting because the hours work out so much better for us. Don't have to worry about getting someone to take her to the gym for morning hours. It's so hard when you have two working parents but we managed this summer.

NIce that you know what you schedule will be like. I don't think I could deal with 9pm end times though.

DD's new schedule will be 4:30pm - 7:30pm Tues, Wed, Fri and then 4 hours on Saturday, probably starting at 9:30am. An 4 hour a week increase. Not sure whether we will get new leos, the regional girls for sure are gettig them, but I do not know whether she will do regional or provincial yet.

We got our fall schedule too, but it doesn't start for another three and half weeks because the kids don't go back to school until after Labor Day. DD is going 20 hours a week. Only days off are Wednesday and Sunday. I love Olivia's music! I still don't know whether we are going to need music since Lily is still on the 6/7 fence until she gets her giants on the regular bars. I would not be happy with a 9pm end time either. There is no way we could do it. Practices end at 8:00 and that's hard enough, what with a half hour drive back home.

How exciting! Love her music choice. The leos sound really pretty, too! Those days getting out at 9pm will be tough. We have a gym in our area that has the L6 team that does 6-9pm 4 days a week. I guess you get homework done and stuff before, but that is still too late IMO. I am sure it will work out.

DD has been back to fall schedule since the first week of Aug. Kids already started school this week here.

I really like her floor music:) It is very pretty and different than a lot of what I have heard in our area.

We still don't have our fall schedule yet, but for the past 2 years DD1 has trained M-H until 9:30, so I know how you feel about the late hours. It was rough getting her out of bed most mornings! I would LOVE for her to have and earlier training schedule!

School schedule is the same as it was last year--20 hours/week. That schedule starts again on Monday. Some kids are already back in school and missing practice this week because they're still on summer schedule.

It's been an exciting week. Dropped dd off at gym this morning and her fall schedule was in our mailbox. She'll be going approx. 18 hours a week. Mon-6-9, Tues 4-7, Wed. off, Thurs 4-8:30, Fri. 6-9 and Sat. 12-3:30. I have to admit I'm not too happy with the 9:00 end time, especially with school, and the increase she'll be seeing in homework. But, we'll work it out.

DD's dance coach/choreographer okayed her choice for her floor routine. It's the theme from the movie UP. Check it out:

http://floorexpressmusic.com/full-length-demos/CD2209-Up-Demo.mp3

And, we saw a picture of our new leos. The colors are some kind of pale gold on the top, oceanic blue in the mid-section and black on the bottom. The warm-up will match.

attachment.php

I can't believe our fall schedule starts in 2 weeks. Where has the summer gone? Anyone else have their fall schedules yet?

Thanks for letting me share! :)

I can't believe the summer is almost over too. I love that music but for my DD that would never do she needs a more dramatic music for her style. She is now thinking of what she might choose for the next level for her floor music.

We may have the fall schedule but my DD is at gym camp this week infact she is going to the Visa Championships today in CT with the gym. She was so excited to be going to it!.

I pick her up on Sat so we haven't a clue until monday when she goes back. they are supposed to be picking a new comp leo, have the fall scheduel and announce who will be moving up levels (if they have their skills) who is slated to uptrain because they are close to having their next level skills etc.

I have soo much free time this week without the drive back and forth to gym LOL I don't know what to do with myself. I ended up painting the bathroom and my bedroom. and am hoping to get my DD's bedroom painted or at least ready to paint before she comes home from gym camp.

How exciting for your daughter to get her own routine and music. My daughter had a 5T0o 9 practice for the past 2 years it is tough. This year we are lucky the hours are better they are early and I think 1 hour less.she is going 4 days for 13 hours we will see how she does as a level 6. I think so many girls quit and lots of overuse injuries that our owner decided to change things this year I am actually thrilled but we will see how it effects than at meets. We also have really good coaches. We are also supposed to finally get new leos.

I can't believe the summer is almost over too. I love that music but for my DD that would never do she needs a more dramatic music for her style. She is now thinking of what she might choose for the next level for her floor music.

I have soo much free time this week without the drive back and forth to gym LOL I don't know what to do with myself. I ended up painting the bathroom and my bedroom. and am hoping to get my DD's bedroom painted or at least ready to paint before she comes home from gym camp.

I had sent her choreographer/dance teacher several different choices. She didn't want anything too cutsey or too dramatic. She'll only be 9 but isn't into the cutsey music anyway. In her words, Olivia has BEAUTIFUL lines and those choices will not show them off. My Favorite Things was way too cutsy. Olivia has a graceful quality to her movements that is breathtaking. So this one seemed like a perfect fit for her and the coach liked how it has some nice changes throughout and how it builds at the end. I get chills when I hear it! :rolleyes:

Oh, I wish I had free time, too!! I have more of it in the evenings now but with the fall session starting early, that will change. I need to paint my kids' rooms, too. I have the paint, just need to get on the ball and get it done!

Sounds like she is on her way! I LOVED the music selection. I think it will be perfect for your daughter & agree she is very graceful w/beautiful lines, but still young and the music is fun! Can't wait to see the leo, it sounds nice too. Bet you loved buying all new stuff huh?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back