WAG What difficulty rating does a back grab turn have?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Reaction score
asdfas.gif

What difficulty does this type of turn have (in WAG) if it is only a full turn

AND

What difficulty does this type of turn (1/1) have on the beam?

I could only find info on the beam from the FIG code of points and it says it is a D (?) which doesn't make any sense to me because it's really not that hard (I was trying them at practice)
Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 3.12.08 PM.png

So, in short, what rating for beam and floor in the USAG COP.

To me that turn looks very hard! I wonder why it only exists on the beam and not on floor? Doesn't make sense to me.

Btw, I love it how creative you are with your skills, constantly actively looking for new skills to try. As a judge, I wish there were more gymnasts like you, getting creative and not repeating what everyone else does.

To me that turn looks very hard! I wonder why it only exists on the beam and not on floor? Doesn't make sense to me.

Btw, I love it how creative you are with your skills, constantly actively looking for new skills to try. As a judge, I wish there were more gymnasts like you, getting creative and not repeating what everyone else does.
Aww, thanks :D I love gymnastics, it is just such a beautiful sport, and these types of moves just make it more beautiful.

Also, since you are a judge, say I got my one hand on my foot and the other was very close, but not actively grabbing it. Would it lose value? Or just deductions? Or nothing ;)?

That's a good question! I have never seen this turn performed at a competition. Since the text says that the leg should be hold with both hands I think that if you don't hold the leg with two hands the value would drop down so it would be a C. BUT it might also drop to be just an A so basically just a full turn. I'm not certain about this, I will definitely ask this question on a judging course next week. We have to update our judging qualifications to be able to keep judging, because the Olympiad has now changed.

I'm not from the US so I can only speak about the FIG rules here.

That's a good question! I have never seen this turn performed at a competition. Since the text says that the leg should be hold with both hands I think that if you don't hold the leg with two hands the value would drop down so it would be a C. BUT it might also drop to be just an A so basically just a full turn. I'm not certain about this, I will definitely ask this question on a judging course next week. We have to update our judging qualifications to be able to keep judging, because the Olympiad has now changed.

I'm not from the US so I can only speak about the FIG rules here.
Thank you for your help :D

I'm looking at the JO code right now and it's not in the code.

A full turn on beam with the back leg in attitude or arabesque above horizontal is a "C." If you were to submit this skill, I suspect it would get D value - but certainly at least C value.

On floor, a full turn with your front leg held upward in a split is a "B" and full turn with the back leg in arabesque to scale is a "B". If you were to submit this, I imagine it would get at least B value, and maybe C value.

I'm looking at the JO code right now and it's not in the code.

A full turn on beam with the back leg in attitude or arabesque above horizontal is a "C." If you were to submit this skill, I suspect it would get D value - but certainly at least C value.

On floor, a full turn with your front leg held upward in a split is a "B" and full turn with the back leg in arabesque to scale is a "B". If you were to submit this, I imagine it would get at least B value, and maybe C value.
Wow, thanks for doing the research. Wish I had a COP ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back