Parents Why didn't that darn Mckenna doll come out a month earlier?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

gymmomtotwo

Proud Parent
Reaction score
I finally broke down and bought my three girls American girl dolls for Christmas. They love them, but now they are dying for the Mckenna doll and accessories. I want to get at least the accessories for them because I know they would they love them, but there is no occasion to justify buying something that expensive until birthdays in the summer. maybe the Easter Bunny? Darn that American Girls store!!

LOL - Same thing at my house but thankfully, I only bought 2 AG dolls. Of course my oldest (9.5) who has 3 AG dolls wants McKenna and I told her no. She got Ivy at Christmas because she is a gymnast. My youngest got Kanani and told me that she doesn't need another AG doll. She is just so happy to have Kanani (Thank you!!!!). I think I'll end up getting the beam and bars set - Easter sounds good. Then they can share.

Not sure how old your girls are, but when this happened to my DD when she was about 8- the doll of the year was Jess- she wanted her enough to save up all of her allowance at $5/week until she could buy Jess' whole world for $250!

If you think AG made a mistake in issuing the Doll of the Year in January, think again ; )

Maybe you could buy them now, to guarantee you will have them, and only give them to the girls in the summer.

Maybe you could buy them now, to guarantee you will have them, and only give them to the girls in the summer.

Yeah, good idea Bog! Because by next Christmas at least some of the things will not be available, and with the movie coming out it could be sooner!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back