Parents Worn foil

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

xrachx

Coach
Proud Parent
Reaction score
DD has a snowflake leotard she's worn to oblivion. Leo itself is in good condition, however the majority of the foil has worn off, meaning it looks hideously patchy. Miraculously it still fits, but she just doesn't want to wear it because of how bad it looks.

Is there anything I can do to remove the remainder of the foil (or will that just look terrible?), or do I just give up and accept it's a goner?

Was debating if heavy duty detergent would do it, since it comes with loads of warnings about hand washing (which I followed to the letter grrrr)
Think I'll try that before it gets binned, nothing to lose I suppose! :(

its the friction which does it, as the foil is overlayed on the fabric. I would think the best way would be hand washing and rubbing the foil bits together.

We have some parents who miraculously. Remove all the foil from their child's Leos. I am suspecting they just shove the Leo in the washer with the school uniform and rugby kit ever week.

I think it's heat that strip the foil too.

Stick it on a 30 normal wash with bio powder, then tumble dry with those dryer balls. Then hang in the sun to fade it...

Quick update on this!
I've been hand washing in very hot water with washing liquid/conditioner, and the foil has been coming off really well.
I'm reckoning 1-2 more washes and it should be wearable again without it being completely obviously :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back