Parents Wow...this is a lot to take in...(lol)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Azgymmiemom

Proud Parent
Reaction score
Hi, all. After all the "5 ropes" drama (from other thread...conditioning as a punishment) we have more drama at the gym...and some good things too.

Two of Maliya's teammates are out with broken arms...one (on level 4 w/ my dd)broke hers at a bday party monday, one (optionals girl) in the gym doing a release move on the bars just last night. Poor girls, I feel bad for both of them. They both are sweet girls and hard workers and could use some prayers and "healing fairies" sent their way.

My ds, Christian has been invited to the level 4 boys team. He is apprehensive about competing, but says he'd like to try it. I've had the "warning" from the coaches for awhile now saying he is just about ready to move up, so this one wasn't too big of a stunner.

and monday, my little guy, Cruz took his first gym class in the preschool class. He had been bugging me to go to "my own class, mommy, not just bubbie and sissy" I watched his little class, and I must say, I was surprised at how good he listened to the coach. When they came out after his class, the coach told me, "wow...he's good!"

so now I am a girls team mom, a boys team mom and a preschool gym mom...

...what have I gotten myself into...?

Maybe you can get a little efficiency apartment near the gym? Maybe with a pool, workout room and hot tub LOL

Wow! That does sound like a "family affair"!! Just wait, next they will be asking you to take parent classes!!!! Maybe they offer a family discount? Sounds like a lot of fun for your little ones. Healing fairies are on the way!!

YOu better plant that money tree now, it might just be big enough to bear fruit by sppring!!

Congrats on your own personal gym team!

YOu better plant that money tree now, it might just be big enough to bear fruit by sppring!!

Congrats on your own personal gym team!

LOL I was just about to hand her a dollar to start the tree.

I had my DD and DS both on team for many years and it was hard. The cost was alot, of course their practice times were always different (different days, different times) never close enough to drop them off together. The hard part came during meet season when they both have a meet at the same time on the same day and of course on opposite sides of the state. We always tried to have one parent with each kid.

LOL.... it's definitely tons of fun to have all the kids involved :) :) :)

I have Alexis who is 7 and on the level 4 team, Austin who is 6 and pre-team tumbling, Rylee who is 4 and pre-team level 4 and McKenzee Grace who is 2 and in a little tot class (and doing great for just turning 2). The girls main coach is always asking me if we're going to have more because we seem to 'make gymnasts'.... haha! No, we're definitely done (although she is right... I'm only 27 so we do have plenty of time to have many more... but it's not happening... lol)!

Have fun :D

Maybe you can get a little efficiency apartment near the gym? Maybe with a pool, workout room and hot tub LOL

Haha... dh and I have talked about this so many times since we are at the gym so much and everyone has different class times.... we also live a ways away... haha!

Too true!! Thankfully, my mom lives just a couple of minutes from the gym. We "hang" at her place, eat supper and the other kids can do homework/rest/play. Because, unfortunately, we live a good 1/2 hr. away from the gym and our schedule is everyday...my dd goes mwf and son goes t th-and now f, too and my dd does Tops most Saturdays.

we even squeeze some dance classes in there for my dd-also right near the gym.

at least the preschool class is during one of Maliya's practices, lol.

and I must say, yes, its pricey, but our gym is very reasonable compared to some here in the valley, and what I pay for all three of them would be the same as paying for just my dd's tuition on team at most of the other gyms here.
Maliya just tells my dh, "daddy, go back to work, I need more gymnastics!" lol:D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back