Gymnasts Xcel Gold beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Reaction score
Do I need a cartwheel for Xcel Gold or can I compete handstand handstand

Or can I do something like needle kick handstand

I know I have 5 months to get a cartwheel but beam has always been the worst, tbh I'm closer to a back handspring step out then a back walkover.

I don't think you can do two handstands but you just need two acros and one needs to pass through vertical. Our kids who struggled on beam did handstand and back shoulder roll. Your gym may have other requirements though.

Our gym most girls do cartwheel or back walkover, have you tried that? Otherwise, you could do a handstand and maybe a forward roll, they actually are not that bad, just wear a low ponytail lol. Good Luck!!

You can do handstands, you just have to add another skill after it to get credited as a different skill (handstand, handstand straight jump)

Five months is plenty of time to break down and build up your cartwheel correctly so you can feel more confident with it and other acro skills. I would keep working it - trying to find a work-around for basic skills is only going to cause more issues later on if this is not your last competitive year.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back