Parents You Got This!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

gwenmom

Proud Parent
Reaction score
DD went rock climbing at REI this weekend for the first time this weekend and of course made it to the top and rang the bell. There was a little girl there waiting her turn and cheered DD on.

Afterwards I realized one of the great lessons that gymnastics is teaching DD. We went upstairs where you can see the top of the rock wall up close and DD walked over and started cheering the little girl who cheered her one. Telling her you got this! Also realized gymnastics is probably the only sport that cheers that way lol

Yes! I love watching the little ones training together in the gym. They seem to have a really good grasp on when someone is trying to conquer something they find especially difficult. It is beautiful watching them give each other encouraging cheers, little pats on the shoulder and so on. I appreciate the coaches at the gym who seem to foster that attitude too.

"You got this" annoys the grammar-loving part of my soul. I'd prefer "You will succeed in your endeavors to cleanly land all of your skills during this bar/beam/floor routine."

Of course, that doesn't quite roll off the tongue as smoothly, does it?

"You got this" annoys the grammar-loving part of my soul. I'd prefer "You will succeed in your endeavors to cleanly land all of your skills during this bar/beam/floor routine."

And by the time they said that my little Level 3 Dd entire routine would be over:)

I feel the same way but I am the first to admit I use it at meets as well, cheering on the girls, especially if I can tell they are second guessing themselves...

I try to say it, but i just can't without over exaggerating! Most of the time, I say, "You've got this!" It's not nearly as "cool."

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back