Parents Level 7 Bars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

vagymmomma

Proud Parent
I'm so excited for DD because she got her layout flyaway out of her giants today. She had a little bit of fear on this skill because of the speed coming out of the giants (and fear is not something she's really felt before so it was a new experience for both of us). Day one - she asked for a spot and landed one (she started out wanting to do a tuck flyaway, but scared herself and her coach because she was doing a double without trying). Day two - no spot - landed 2, over rotated 2 (landing on back). Day three - she stuck the landing for everyone she did! She's had amazing improvement this summer - I'm so proud that she's working so hard and so excited to be learning new things.

Awesome. My daughter too is a new level 7 and struggling with the same things. In her gym, they have to do giant -giant - flyaway and she was also over rotating. Yesterday she told me that she did her whole bar routine connected (included that dreaded squat on - which is the bane of my existence LOL) and stuck her series on the high beam without a spot and was grinning from ear to ear! I love good practice days!

(included that dreaded squat on - which is the bane of my existence LOL)

That stupid squat on -- it was definitely a sore spot last season, but I think DD has FINALLY figured it out. She's now working on her free-hip on the high bar (she does it pretty well on the low bar, but her coach says it tends to score higher on the high bar).

I love good practice days as well!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back