Coaches 4th and last meet!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

catou

Coach
So today we had our 4th and last meet!! Finally! We had some funny moments and some great moments:
  • One gymmie asking after she was done with her beam warm-up: I will do it for real now?
  • One doing her jump series on beam.... finishing it completely off the beam. She really just jump off the beam on her second jump!
  • Two mommies screaming in happiness when they saw one of the girl throwing her backhandspring on the floor for the first time in competition (and I was spotting that one!). I sure would like all the parents to be like these two.
  • One gymnast finally able to do a bar routine. That just made her entire week I think. Even without doing her pullover on the high bar. She was just so, so proud.
  • The coach was also very proud to hear the other gymnasts encouraging her.
  • One of the hardest working kid, who has had ankle problems since the beginning of the season, who hasn't really trained vault and tumbling, won 5 ribbons (we have awards for the first 8 positions only here).
  • My co-coach, having the girls participate in a contest involving a treacle biscuit usually reserved to coaches to get them to put more expression in their routines.
  • A gymnast getting completely distracted and laughing during her trampoline warm-up because the floor music was madagascar and she has seen that movie way too many times...
  • One kid telling she feels that she has thousands of stress bubbles in her belly. Well let's just pop them...

The only downsides I saw in this competition:
  • way too many falls on squat ons
  • Me having to deal with my first gymnast crying because she fell 3 times of beam.

Now, I can't wait to start training kips, cartwheel on beam and handsprings on floor.

Some great ups and downs. Three beam falls is so hard. A first BHS and bar routine is awesome.

did anyone qualify to the Challenge? That is always fun.

No, they are all argos, so no Challenge for them (which I don't really understand.... I mean, they trained as hard as the other age groups!). My club organized it last year, and it sure was a lot of fun! Out of 10 girls, I would have had 3 gymnasts qualifying I think. We sure had a lot of competition coming from the smaller clubs!

I agree about it not being fair that Argos don't get to do the challenge. Now it is just a day event there is no reason for it. I saw on the Federation's site they have the new Gym Blitz that is for Argos, but a long drive to Montreal would make the less than worth while. They shoud just add them to the challenge.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back