WAG Transitioning to Middle School with Gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
The lack of national curriculum must be an absolute Nightmare, especially for mobile families like yours @MILgymFAM. At least here you can move round the country and pretty much pick up where you left off.

That would have been great for me - we moved a lot when I grew up - I went through 4 high schools, all VERY DIFFERENT curriculum. From the best school systems to the worst school systems.
I had aleady done Englisher literature when I moved to one school, but my grade there was doing english lit. They would NOT let me take a different grade language arts. Then it happened my senior year again. I read MacBeth THREE times!
I took Algebra 2 in one school, and finished, but without the trigonometry (usually they go hand in hand). New school next year didn't believe I knew what I was talking about. Put me in Algebra 2 again. I passed honor with an A in all 4 quarters.
I took world history twice, yet I never got U.S. history...

A national curriculum would have been wonderful for me!

My husband drove my daughter to/from school to pick up extra sleep/homework time. There are only so many hours in the day and our doctor said it is extremely important for gymnasts to get 8 1/2-9 hours of sleep every night. Also teachers who posted homework for the week on Friday night saved us alot

Reactions: sce
That would have been great for me - we moved a lot when I grew up - I went through 4 high schools, all VERY DIFFERENT curriculum. From the best school systems to the worst school systems.
I had aleady done Englisher literature when I moved to one school, but my grade there was doing english lit. They would NOT let me take a different grade language arts. Then it happened my senior year again. I read MacBeth THREE times!
I took Algebra 2 in one school, and finished, but without the trigonometry (usually they go hand in hand). New school next year didn't believe I knew what I was talking about. Put me in Algebra 2 again. I passed honor with an A in all 4 quarters.
I took world history twice, yet I never got U.S. history...

A national curriculum would have been wonderful for me!
Ok, I am sorry, but THAT is ****ing insane.:eek::eek::eek::eek::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ok, I am sorry, but THAT is ****ing insane.:eek::eek::eek::eek::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Oh I know....
I did manage to graduate top 5% of my class, despite all that. Had I never moved, though, good chance I would have bee at THE top. But honestly, the friends I met, and experiences I had, I see as an adult, superceded all of that. I'm definitely more well-rounded than I would have been!!! My bridal party (20 years ago) was from 5 different states, from 5 different times of my life. And I am STILL in constant contact with all of them :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back