Parents Typically hours for Xcel gold?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Podlet

Proud Parent
What have people seen as far as number of hours per week for Xcel gold? Trying to get a sense of what’s typical.

Hello and welcome! There is an Xcel focused group on this board that you may wish to join. Someone asked a similar question on the Xcel board just recently and the answers were typically around 6 hours on the low end and some gyms doing 12+ on the high end. It really depends on the gym, their philosophy towards Xcel, if Xcel is a larger/more competitive program in your state.

We offer workout options of 4... 8... or 12 hours per week for Xcel Gold. All of them do 4 or 8 hours... none of them currently do 12 hours per week.

9 is the most common we see at meets, with 6-10 being the biggest range. We occasionally come across some who do 12 or more, but it's rare here.

Our Golds have the option to do 7 or 10.5, depending on whether they go 2 or 3 days a week. It's about half and half with our girls and what they choose.

Thanks for the replies -- it's helpful to have a sense of the range. My DD recently started up in an advanced rec class in a new gym after some time away from gymnastics, and the coaches asked if she's interested in competing in their Xcel program. She is interested but not 100% sure just yet, and she's also been diving so there's that to consider.
Anyway I am going to ask the coaches for more info so I wanted to have a ballpark of hours.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back