WAG Celebration!

• Thread starter Deleted member 14190
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 14190

Today marks the 1000th time I have said "straighten your knees" this year. And the 100 th time I have said "I am starting my diet tomorrow .... for sure". :). What are your great accomplishments this year? (must include one thing gymnastics related ). ;)

I just stress ate a chocolate dipped entenmann's donut :oops: to celebrate the end of my dd's level 6 meet season. today was her states - started at 8am - and i don't eat before a meet. we also ate at mcd's (her choice) for lunch and i make choc chip cookies once a week while we watch the recorded AFV show as a family. that is also happening tonight. :rolleyes: i'll be back at the gym tomorrow!

so i'm celebrating the end of stressful meets until nov! ;)

I am NOT telling my girl that she really does not have her splits down when I know her hips are not square. I have reminded her to be honest when she says she has her back walk over when she really has her back bend kick-over. Yes, there is a difference and I know it.

I have been really spring cleaning and taking bags and bags of stuff out to the trash and to donate. It is amazing how much can go out the door without it being visible.

So far this year:
I have lost 20+ lbs
I have altered 6 bar routines for the better
I have explained about casts needing to be higher 50x (only counting Levels 6-8, so 7 girls)
I got one of the boys I work with thru 7th grade early and he is doing well in 8th grade
I put together 3 1000 piece puzzles in my free time... But one was missing a piece, so I made them send me a new one that I haven't started yet.

So far this year:
I have lost 20+ lbs
I have altered 6 bar routines for the better
I have explained about casts needing to be higher 50x (only counting Levels 6-8, so 7 girls)
I got one of the boys I work with thru 7th grade early and he is doing well in 8th grade
I put together 3 1000 piece puzzles in my free time... But one was missing a piece, so I made them send me a new one that I haven't started yet.

I love puzzles! I need to do more of them!!!

I have cooked a meal other than pasta without burning it!
And I finally, FINALLY know the difference between doing leaps and jumps. Now if I could just say it right to my child without mixing it up and incurring her wrath....("I loved your split leap, straddle leap on the beam." "MOM....PLEASE!")
lmao

1. I've started learning Russian! This is gym related because every single coach at my girls gym speaks better Russian than English.

2. I've completely stopped watching practices. Full stop.

3. I have packed the first two boxes for our upcoming cross country move!

1. I did not cause injury to my mother following her behavior at each of my childrens' state meets (seriously guys she even tried to chat up their coaches) (she is all gymnastics all the time) (beware of CGM)

2. I ate two donuts this weekend. It may or may not be related to #1. But it's definitely because DD's bars coach jokingly (or not jokingly? LOL) asked DD to bring him a donut from the bakery in our little town, and DD wanted to be silly and bring some in (brought some for everyone there).

3. DS had a rough season but managed to wrangle 1st on VT at state! Woo-hoo! His struggles this season gave ME some much needed perspective.

4. Decided I'm done with grad school after this semester, despite being so close to completing it. Realized I'm just done, and I miss my old field. And I'm at peace with it.

I got my marks back for my final school exams and scored an ATAR of 99.7 (out of a possible 99.95). Shameless brag, I was ecstatic!

I also worked up the nerve to do a front handspring on the floor, spotted rather heavily)
but hey I did the scary thing :D

I've also started uni and moved interstate to do so.

I've walked to the uni almost every day instead of riding a bike (horrible weather and slushy roads have helped a lot!).

We've worked on routines super hard and last weekend all of my girls had their personal best AAs in levels B and C and some of my girls competed in the level D for the first time ever and made it through the competition. It was a good day and it was also super nice to see that the hard work pays off for everyone.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back