WAG College Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This makes me happy to hear! This is my daughter. She always has some of the hardest routines but is never the superstar with the high scores. She's consistent, she rarely falls, she's that reliable girl they put first to get the flight off without a fall, she's always on the podium and getting medals but rarely top 3. She just keeps plugging away and I worry she will be overlooked. So may of her friends get "fill out the recruitment" form for our college emails but she doesn't because she makes Nationals but finishes in the teens not top 5. That sort of kid.

Best of luck to your daughter!!

This makes me happy to hear! This is my daughter. She always has some of the hardest routines but is never the superstar with the high scores. She's consistent, she rarely falls, she's that reliable girl they put first to get the flight off without a fall, she's always on the podium and getting medals but rarely top 3. She just keeps plugging away and I worry she will be overlooked. So may of her friends get "fill out the recruitment" form for our college emails but she doesn't because she makes Nationals but finishes in the teens not top 5. That sort of kid.
College coaches are generally much more interested in the actual skills and those skills being relatively clean...they are going to be more interested in the videos than the actual scores as scores do not tell the story....NCAA scoring is slightly different than USAG....also the fact that she is consistent is good- some colleges are really looking for that consistent kid that they can count on to hit their routine. So, if she is not the super high scorer, she may not be recruited by the top schools, but there are many schools out there after the top 12....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back