WAG Best recruiting advice

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Thank you, I have read through the threads .. all of them. I have been on Chalkbucket for at least 6 years and always take note of all the information. Its just now that information directly pertains to us! Which is nuts by the way! Where or where does the time go? I guess I am just looking for key ingredients and maybe just things that curb the anxiety over it all! And also, just bringing up a topix that seems to gain a lot of traction. Not so interested in the manaughtny of what trampoline to buy, leotard companies, and such.. ha ha!
I feel ya! I am in the same position. That's what makes this season such a stress fest while trying to show cool fun cucumber with my daughter (although I know she knows I just dont want to add in any stress in any way). I believe the unfortunate reality is that she needs to have a solid, injury-free year. When you cut through everything, the IG posts, the emails, the letters, I think it just comes down to the gymnastics speaking for itself.

Programs break their recruiting down into tiers, and like any organization with limited resources (time, money, people), they break their efforts down accordingly.

Yes, I think this explains what I was sharing - I'm thinking that for some programs there is one arm/person communicating with everyone on the list, regardless of tier. Those athletes are getting the mailers, the bulk emails and in some cases, the instagram likes. Come June 15, the coaches reach out to maybe just tier one, or maybe tier one and tier two (depending on how they do things?) So it probably makes perfect sense if you're behind the scenes, but can feel confusing otherwise.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back