WAG Compression shorts?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi, I've never worn shorts during practice because they were not allowed. Now they are allowing them on Fridays (and when the season ends, every day). So, I ordered Nike pro shorts. I'm 13 and 4'10-ish, and weigh around 80 pounds. I ordered a youth medium, but they were too long. The youth sizes are 4 inches long, but the adult sizes are available in a 3-inch size. I'm debating between buying an adult xs, or a youth small. Is there anyone who can help?

My daughter is a similar height and weight and can wear the adult xs, they fit her fine in the waist but are a bit looser in the leg than the child sizes

Here is a size chart... girls and womens XS.
Compare to your measurements.
nike pro sizing.jpg

I was so surprised that my DD fit the adult XS better than the child sizes. My DD was far too small for child large, but adult XS fit well.

I was so surprised that my DD fit the adult XS better than the child sizes. My DD was far too small for child large, but adult XS fit well.
Did the adult XS fit her shorter than the youth large? Because I'm worried that if I buy the Adult XS, it will be as long or longer than how the child size fits me.

I don’t know that I noticed either way. For sure they were narrower - which was what we were looking for.

FWIW my DD is about 5’1”and ~90lbs, and XS are not small on her. I’d say the 3” inseam is about right, and they sit better on her waist than the child sizes did, so they don’t slip down.

The Nike Pro compression shorts sizing makes no sense to me at all. My dd wears a size 0 or 1 in street clothing. She wears an axs in GK leotards. She is short and compact. According to the size charts, she needed an xsmall. I ordered those and she couldn’t get them over her butt. I’m this one item, she wears an adult medium, which Nike says is equal to a women’s 8/10.

You could put two of my dd in a women’s 8/10. The rest of Nike clothing fit her normally, though. She wears an xsmall in the leggings.

The Nike Pro compression shorts sizing makes no sense to me at all. My dd wears a size 0 or 1 in street clothing. She wears an axs in GK leotards. She is short and compact. According to the size charts, she needed an xsmall. I ordered those and she couldn’t get them over her butt. I’m this one item, she wears an adult medium, which Nike says is equal to a women’s 8/10.

You could put two of my dd in a women’s 8/10. The rest of Nike clothing fit her normally, though. She wears an xsmall in the leggings.
Wow! That's really weird. The child medium fits me fine, it was just really long. But I feel like if I buy child small, they might be too tight. Or if I buy adult xs, it might be too loose.

I think you would be fine in the XS. If they are a little loose wash them in hot water and throw them in the dryer. They'll tighten up a bit.. (if they fit perfect, hang to dry!!)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back