DD's first meet!!!!:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DD had her first meet this weekend. It was so much fun! :) She's in level 3. Poor thing was so nervous before her first rotation that I was scared she might not do it. But she pulled herself together and did great. :)

Her scores:
Floor- 7.7
Vault- 7.0
Bars- 6.0
Beam- 7.3

We were very happy with those scores. More importantly, she remembered all her routines and tried every skill. She had a spot on the handstand on beam so I was surprised that her score was so high. It's so funny because bars is her favorite and she hates beam but she did better on beam. On bars that darn mill circle got her. She has it but I think she let her nerves get to her. She made it around but then hooked her leg and fell back a little and needed her coach to help her back up. It was really cute :) We're so proud of her for her first time!!! It was great watching all her hard work. It also showed us where she needs to focus on a little more for the next meet. And she had fun too! So it was overall a great experience!!!

I think it is so great that she had fun at her first meet- that is what it is all about! :)
Congratulations to her! :)

Congrats to your dd (and you!) for surviving the first meet! Nice to hear that she enjoyed herself and is proud of her accomplishments.

Great job at her first meet and most important - she had FUN!!!! Here's to many more fun meets in her future!!!

WTG to your DD. Sounds like she had a good time. And a great start to her competitive gymnastics..ugh! LOL

The first meet ever is the most nerve wrecking one that I can remember! So glad she had a great experience!! Nice job!!

How old is she?
DD had her first meet this weekend. It was so much fun! :) She's in level 3. Poor thing was so nervous before her first rotation that I was scared she might not do it. But she pulled herself together and did great. :)

Her scores:
Floor- 7.7
Vault- 7.0
Bars- 6.0
Beam- 7.3

We were very happy with those scores. More importantly, she remembered all her routines and tried every skill. She had a spot on the handstand on beam so I was surprised that her score was so high. It's so funny because bars is her favorite and she hates beam but she did better on beam. On bars that darn mill circle got her. She has it but I think she let her nerves get to her. She made it around but then hooked her leg and fell back a little and needed her coach to help her back up. It was really cute :) We're so proud of her for her first time!!! It was great watching all her hard work. It also showed us where she needs to focus on a little more for the next meet. And she had fun too! So it was overall a great experience!!!

Congrats on her first meet...such an exciting day and something you will always remember. I cried at both my daughters' first meets. :)
She did great, she will get that silly mill circle next time I am sure. I really dislike that darn thing!
Glad to hear everyone is happy and had fun. There will be many more fun days like this to come for her I am sure!

How old is she?

She's 7. :) She's been on team since August. We compete TAAF here so everyone in level 3 gets an achievement medal- they don't do placements at all. I think it's a great way to ease the new kids into competition. :)

She got the mill circle beautifully at practice last week so fingers crossed!! Her coach was working with her on squeezing her legs together when she gets back to the top of the bar after circling around instead of hooking her knee and falling back. So we'll see. Next meet is in a week and a half!!!

Congratulations! Well done you for surviving too- I hate meets, my nerves can't take it :D.

Good luck for the next one!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back