Parents Does this means they will place these levels?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymmomsarethebest

Proud Parent
From the meet website!!!
***Level 1-2 (awards go out 100 % 5 medals)***
Does this mean those levels will get 100% AA and 5 spots for event medals?

I would read that as they are going out 100% on everything.

It looks like they are trying to say the athletes will get 5 medals. It's not written clearly though.

I would read that as they are going out 100% on everything.

It looks like they are trying to say the athletes will get 5 medals. It's not written clearly though.
OHHHHH!!! Yeah I could see that, yeah that may be it because its level 1 and 2 so maybe 5 medals instead of ribbons.

I read it as the top 5 will get medals , presumably the rest will get ribbons. It is not written clear, hopefully all will get 5 medals.

It's definitely not clear. Maybe the top 5 will get medals. Or everyone will get 5 medals, one for each event + AA, but that seems like way too many medals to give out. In either case or whatever they do, it sounds like they are going to recognize all gymnasts.

From the meet website!!!
***Level 1-2 (awards go out 100 % 5 medals)***
Does this mean those levels will get 100% AA and 5 spots for event medals?
I take it to mean that every gymnast will get an award of some type no matter where they place. The second part confused me. Maybe they mean the top 5 places for each event/AA get medals, and the other places get something else (ribbon, certificate, etc.)?

At least everyone is in agreement that it's not written clearly at all!

Question Mark What GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Well, It's clear that everyone gets awards. Really doesn't matter what they are.

where do families store all the stuff over the years of low level competition?!?!

On Instagram... at least that's what people that run meets hope. Every smiling face with tons of medals on social media is worth a few more entries for the following season. Big meets make big money.

That was a joke... well... kind of.

If it is 100% and it's all medals - where do families store all the stuff over the years of low level competition?!?! Do you just box most of them?

We just boxed all of my son's medals up. We kept out the nationals medals (especially the gold) and a couple of other big meet golds that he won.

THat is one HEAVY bin full of.....stuff. I have no idea what he will do with it later.. I wanted to donate them to a local gym to reuse....

I've already proposed selling some of DD's medals to pay for gymnastics fees, LOL. Where? No idea. All except the most recent ones are in a box, but she does have a display hanger.

We just boxed all of my son's medals up. We kept out the nationals medals (especially the gold) and a couple of other big meet golds that he won.

THat is one HEAVY bin full of.....stuff. I have no idea what he will do with it later.. I wanted to donate them to a local gym to reuse....

Someone needs to start a "medal challenge" where gymnasts make videos wearing as many of their medals as possible at the same time.

Someone needs to start a "medal challenge" where gymnasts make videos wearing as many of their medals as possible at the same time.

LOL. I think some have done something like that. I wanted him to do that, but he was already at college when I boxed them up :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back