WAG Does your gymnast take any vitamins/ suppliments?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Both DDs take a mv, calcium, probiotics, and younger DD takes biotin (per her dr). They also have a green smoothie a day. We eat paleo so they eat lots of fruits and veggies.

Wow. How on earth do you get them to drink the green smoothie? I cannot even get my picky little one to drink a fruit smoothie.

Wow. How on earth do you get them to drink the green smoothie? I cannot even get my picky little one to drink a fruit smoothie.

I never thought my younger DD would go for it. We conquered with chocolate. Avocado fudge was already a hit in my house, so I used the raw cacao, avocado, spinach, milk, and powdered wheatgrass. Used a ripe banana for sweetness and DD thinks it tastes am awful lot like a milkshake. Older DD loves pineapple, so we do tropical for her, with lots of kale leaves. I have a vitamix, so we call it our homemade jamba juices.

ETA- I never tell her what's in it till after she tastes it, but then she gets full disclosure. That's our deal.

Yes. She takes carnitine and CoenzymeQ10 (these are for a medical condition). She takes a multi, a fish oil for omega 3 (we are vegetarian), and a B complex, again for medical condition, supposed to help keep blood glucose even.

Wow, it never occurred to me that there would be any other sort of milk ! But then I live in a climate where the grass grows all year round and the fields are full of cows

This is the US (snort). Our food supply sucks. When you don't pay the premium price for organic milk or it isn't available, they're eating the GMO corn that other countries won't buy.

Yep, a multivitamin (good quality one, from Whole Foods) three days a week. Vit D three days a week in the winter only. Otherwise, we eat organic meat/eggs and many other organic products. Plenty of fruits and veggies and well-rounded meals. Limited sweets. She has a dairy allergy so we add protein via sunbutter, eggs, meats, and coconut yogurt.

I take a teen multivitamin and a vitamin C tablet for immunity or something's so I don't get sick from overtraining...

My daughter takes Juice Plus+, which is fruits, vegetables and berries in capsule form; many athletes are on them including the Fierce Five and the alternates, tho she's taken them longer than that. She's missed school once in the past 4 years since she started it and 90% of her team came down with the stomach flu a day or two before state this year, she didn't flinch and came in 3rd.

A great way I have found to get them to drink green it adding citrus fruits !!!! Takes the bit out :)

Adding some citrus fruits does help with green smoothies.
Also, if it is the color that they refuse to drink add a slice of beet. You can't taste it but it changes the color to pink!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back