WAG forearm pain when doing handstands

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

catie

About two weeks ago I noticed a pain in the middle of my forearm when I did handstands and L-Sits on p-bars. It was a painful point just beneath my ulna bone everytime I supported my weight on this arm.

I didn't pay much attention to it, because I thought it might be some tight arm flexor muscles. But last week during training, it got stronger. It hurts everytime I do handstands, it is a sharp pain from the back of my elbow down into my little finger, like if it was the ulnar nerve!

It doesn't hurt during rest or everyday activities, just in some moves, for example when I am driving the car and drive a curve. But is also sometimes hurts every now and then and gives me a throbbing pain.

There is no redness or swelling, also no tingling or numbness. My elbow, wrist etc doesn't feel tender to touch, just this one point along my ulna feels like if I had a bruise when I press into it.

Any ideas? I though about forearm tendonitis on the pinky finger side?

You'll need to see a doctor or physiotherapist to get a proper diagnosis.

Look up some trigger point therapy and see if you can do anything with it on your own.

Catie, I remember that you have stated that you started doing gymnastics 8 months ago, but have you recently started the HS and L's on PB? So is it a new thing?

Lay off of doing whatever irritates it for about a week or two is the general recommendation. Try massage and elbow and wrist circles with a small DB at most.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back