Parents Fundraising

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Pixiechikn

Proud Parent
I was just asked to take over fundraising for the booster club. I'm glad to help out, but I know nothing about fundraising. Any suggestions out there?

I don't know which country your in but we have raised loads bag packing at local supermarkets and doing tombolas , guess the sweets in the jar , name the teddy . Sponsored training in your pj's / onesies . Hope it helps xx

In Australia a lot of sports clubs have these cadbury chocolate boxes to fundraise money. You pick out what chocolates you want from the company and you buy the box of 40 chocolates for $20 and sell them at the rrp for $1 a piece ($20 profit), though some people jack up the price to $1.50 to make more profit. They're very popular here and the kids take them to school and sell them to their class mates. Maybe you could find something similar where you live?

Talk with those who went before you and see what worked in your area. Our boosters are doing a lot of plant sales this year, mums this fall, pointsettas over the winter and flowers in the spring. We are also doing a spaghetti dinner. Those are what have done really well for them in the past. Check with leaders in other orgs (scouts, 4-H, boys/girls club, etc) to see what may or may not have worked for them and to make sure you aren't running the same thing at the same time.

One thing that worked well for us in Boy Scouts was grocery cards. One of the grocery stores (i think several because our school does it now too) will let you purchase a gift card ($2 transaction fee) and then load it. 5% of what you spend on the card goes to the organization. You just keep loading it and shopping at the store. Worked really well

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back