Parents How to wash a competition Leo?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

TumbleTimes4

Proud Parent
I need to wash my DD's competition leo and warm ups and looking for the best way to do that without ruining them. I know not to put them in the washing machine or dryer. Is there a special soap, like woolite, that you use when you hand wash them or is there another type of soap that anyone would recommend?

Last year I put my DDs Leo and WU inside out, in a garment bag, and washed alone on delicate in the washing machine. It was absolutely fine, but I don't "think" you're supposed to do that. This year she has mesh sleeves so I wasn't feeling brave, instead I used a small amount of my regular detergent and hand washed inside out in my sink, basically following the care instructions on the tag. Some here use unicorn tears but I haven't been able to find them!

For us, comp leo is washed inside out in garment bag, in Dreft, alone in machine for a short cycle (or maybe with an older workout leo or two if some need washing). I lay it over a towel bar to dry, with an old towel in the middle, just in case of bleeding.

(Said towel bar is above a heat vent, so it helps speed drying a bit)

Warmups just go inside out, no garment bag, Dreft, short wash cycle. I'll wash them with similar types/colors of athletic clothing. Hang to dry.

DD competition leo isn't mesh and really isn't all that delicate so I use Woolite and put it in my machine on the hand wash cycle like I do her other leos and then hang to dry. No problems at all so far but if any doubt please follow the instructions on the label.

Last night I put the leo and mystique fabric stoned jacket in the bathtub in cold water and let it soak for a few. Then I took a detergent (in this case shampoo because that was handy) and put it on the inside of the armpits of same (where there would be antiperspirant and any sweat), and rubbed the detergent into the fabric after making sure that I wasn't rubbing near stones. Swish Swish Rinse in cold, put on hangers and let drip dry over tub.

Last night I put the leo and mystique fabric stoned jacket in the bathtub in cold water and let it soak for a few. Then I took a detergent (in this case shampoo because that was handy) and put it on the inside of the armpits of same (where there would be antiperspirant and any sweat), and rubbed the detergent into the fabric after making sure that I wasn't rubbing near stones. Swish Swish Rinse in cold, put on hangers and let drip dry over tub.

Your warm-up is mystique AND has stones?! I'm feeling very grateful for our simple ones with minimal bling! The leo is bad enough!

Reactions: sce
When searching look for MaryA she started the thread about her DD's very delicate navy Leo with white. She was afraid of the navy bleeding and the instructions said to use distilled water.

Yes! I searched for it a few weeks ago when I had to wash DDs competition Leo for the first time - and its navy and white and the navy started bleeding into the white and chaos ensued!

I also put blinged leo inside out in a delicates bag and wash in our front loader on "hand wash" cycle.
Roll in towel, then hang on towel on drying rack.
I also put the blinged warm up jacket inside out in a delicates bag, but pants I just put in inside out.

Sounds like I'm in the minority, but I just wash her Leo and warmups in the washer on a regular cycle and hang dry. I do turn them inside out to protect the bling. They have held up fine, but her leo is a thicker, not-so-delicate material. If it had any mesh I would put it in a bag before washing, at least.

i wash the jacket and pants in the washer on cool and delicate. i was hand washing the leo which is new this year and is a little bit mesh and has a lot of stones on it. after talking to some of the parents, i washed it inside out in a pillow case on cool and delicate and it was fine. i lay it to dry on a towel.

i wash the jacket and pants in the washer on cool and delicate. i was hand washing the leo which is new this year and is a little bit mesh and has a lot of stones on it. after talking to some of the parents, i washed it inside out in a pillow case on cool and delicate and it was fine. i lay it to dry on a towel.
So the mesh sleeves on dd's new leo is sparkly, and the sparkles come off everywhere, just putting it on and taking it off. I am deathly afraid to wash it, that there will be no sparkles left. Anyone with experience with this kind of mesh fabric? Sort of like this I guess....
11.LAVENDER-SILVER%20VARIETY%20GLITTER%20MESH.JPG

glitter mesh is a bugger, sheds everywhere no matter what you do. Had some in my fabric stash and had to keep it in a sealed bag

I know this is going to sound completely crazy and off the wall, but I have always just followed the instructions on the tag.
not crazy at all, we have just never had the sparkly mesh before, and I was wondering if anyone had experience with it. Washing instructions are just the usual - inside out, hand wash cold water with mild detergent.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back