WAG Need opinions on hourly rate for increased summer hours.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This thread has become quite popular! Thank you to everyone who responded with your personal experiences, as well as suggestions. I have read over all the responses and used a lot of this as the basis for my current choice. You guys rock! :D

As for the sliding scale of the hourly rate, I am well aware of this standard. I would not dream of charging my parents based on a fixed hourly rate. That would be lunacy, and I would certainly have a very, very, very small team, haha. My current plan is listed below:

Group 1 - $7.00/hr. rounded to $250.00/month.

Group 2 - $6.25/hr. rounded to $300.00/month.

Group 3 - $5.50/hr. rounded to $350.00/month.

Thoughts on these prices? I don't want to charge JO rates, and am trying to keep the costs a bit lower since it's Xcel. I also still have no idea about what I'm going to charge for the TOPs practice.

Also, as far as hours ago, I suppose they are high, but they are only for the two summer months, and I am placing the girls appropriately. The way I look at it, if a girl is talented and driven enough, capping their hours is doing them a disservice. I am also very open to the fact that some families may have difficulty with the days and times, or that certain girls may dislike the greater number of hours. I run the program entirely on my own, and having carte blanche makes it easy to change rules and policies as needed since there is no red tape or higher up individuals to go through. Therefore, if a mom comes up to me and says, "Suzy is having a hard time adjusting to all the hours, what can we do?" I can easily switch her to another group, or have her come one less day and adjust her tuition accordingly.

I feel being empathetic is very important for this line of work.
For the TOPS style program... based on my search online and from what people have said on here, keep it low and hopefully have more girls in it... $30-40 max!

$250, $300, and $350 seem exactly right for your region. I don't think it has Anyang to do with Xcel or JO. As others have said, generally Xcel is less per month because the hours are lower. Lower hours = higher hourly rate, but lower total cost per month. Higher hours = lower hourly rate, higher total cost per month. For example. Xcel Gold and up goes three days a week here, whereas level 8-10 go 5-6. So Xcel is cheaper because three days cost less than 6.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back