Coaches Ordering New Competition Leotards

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sheplaysinthechalk

Coach
Proud Parent
Judge
It's been almost 10 years since we have changed our team leotard. Our gym has decided to change it this year...but how do you do it?

We recently got a new catalogue from gk. We found one that we like, and want to see what it would look like with our team colors. I get on the gk website and try to do it through the special order section, but I can't find a way. The only fabric info I found in the catalogue was several fabrics and color choices, but no way to see what it would look like before placing the order. I did find that you can request color swatches, but....we were hoping to see some kind of example of the finished product before we place an order for 50 leotards...

Anyone?

If you don't really have an account at gk make one online, sign in. Click on design studio. Choose the style you want, and choose a size, also if it asks for like. A1, a2,a3 those are restrictions that only allow a certain type of fabric in certain places, if that makes sense. Then at the bottom click the button that says design.

I thought their site was confusing last year when we were working on a new order. You do have to have an account to do the design studio and if I remember correctly it will not show you the price until you go through the whole process. Also, just so you know, the regular prices are significantly higher than the prices if you have an account through the gym.
And, two years ago when our team switched the lower level leos, our coach did the design and ordered just one as a trial to make sure she liked it. We were very glad she did, because we found out we did not like the sleeve choice at all and we were able to change it before we ordered 80+ leos. We also ordered one of each size of the leos so that the girls could have the actual leos for sizing which took the guess work out of sizing.

The easiest company to get 'ideas' from and get actual leotards designed and printed is dreamlight. You can call them and they are very nice, and will send you mock ups and can keep your price range in mind. They are not much more than GK. But with that said, all our parents always prefer GK..... Yes, you can go on the website and do some basic designing yourself with a quick registration. I always get a bit confused when it comes to adding embellishments. You can call them and they might help, depending on who answers.......alpha factor is pretty impossible to get ideas from. They send their catalog out, and it is quite substantial and self explanatory. They only send the catalog to the club, so an individual can't get it, or call for help. They will just dismiss you and ask for the club to contact them.

i always start with dreamlight, get color combinations and general ideas........then go from there.....good luck!

We get ours from dreamlight largely because of the ability to see what it'll look like before ordering.

Personally, I think the best quality is Dreamlight....I have the 3 major brands.....crystals intact on Dreamlight still......
you can get pretty fancy and expensive for both Dreamlight and GK, but they have very nice options for any price range.

Personally, I think the best quality is Dreamlight....I have the 3 major brands.....crystals intact on Dreamlight still......
you can get pretty fancy and expensive for both Dreamlight and GK, but they have very nice options for any price range.
=

We used both for a while, until Dreamlight totally botched our optional order (which was put in a solid 3 months prior to meet season). They let us know a week prior to our first meet that they screwed up and sorry... It was only 12 leotards at $400 a pop, and they made ZERO attempt to work with us. They claimed they were not responsible for any errors made during manufacturing???? seriously? REALLY? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? They offered no solution, and our sales rep was just plain rude. We have ordered dozens of leotards from them in the past, (our whole optional team), and this was to be our new level 9 /10 leotard. Our options were, take them as they were, (which was not what we ordered and would not fit! because of a cutting error), or give us our money back.,,, So great,,,, we took our money back, but in the mean time our kids had NO leo's for the season!!! Thanks Dreamlight...... We competed in plain black leos for most of the season... then a red leo with limited bling on it for state, regionals, etc, which GK at least hurried to us.

=

We used both for a while, until Dreamlight totally botched our optional order (which was put in a solid 3 months prior to meet season). They let us know a week prior to our first meet that they screwed up and sorry... It was only 12 leotards at $400 a pop, and they made ZERO attempt to work with us. They claimed they were not responsible for any errors made during manufacturing???? seriously? REALLY? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? They offered no solution, and our sales rep was just plain rude. We have ordered dozens of leotards from them in the past, (our whole optional team), and this was to be our new level 9 /10 leotard. Our options were, take them as they were, (which was not what we ordered and would not fit! because of a cutting error), or give us our money back.,,, So great,,,, we took our money back, but in the mean time our kids had NO leo's for the season!!! Thanks Dreamlight...... We competed in plain black leos for most of the season... then a red leo with limited bling on it for state, regionals, etc, which GK at least hurried to us.

Our team leos are dreamlight and they're okay. No issues with them but the stitching is off in a lot of places.

We used to do consignment through them as we really liked their leos. We stopped because order after order we would receive different sizes and styles from what we ordered. It's hard to make a buck when you order 35 8-10's and they only send you six. On top of that our consignment sales rep seemed to really care less about us. GK has been much better about shipping orders and their customer service is very responsive.

We have always used GK and have had success with their leos . When I was in charge of ordering the leos, GK would always send me demo leos in a child size (usually CM) and an adult size ( usually AM) so that we could see if we really liked them or what modifications we would want to the leos...we usually started this process in the spring to give us PLENTY of time for the order to come in before our first meet. We only had one year where the leos were not up to snuff ( we used a foiled fabric and the foil washed off completely in the first washing!!) and GK gave us full credit for all of the leos when we ordered different ones as a replacement.

I have always liked Dreamlights but their products seemed a little too "delicate or fragile" to hold up for a few seasons so we shied away from them and Alpha Factor just always had a horrible fit (can you say permanent wedgie?) not matter how big or small the gymnast was!! Last thing you need is the gymnast picking her wedgie constantly...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back