For Coaches Skills Poster

GYMNASTICS
Parents... Coaches... Judges... Gymnasts...
DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members See FEWER Ads!
Join for FREE!
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Coach&Gymnst

Does anyone else use a poster to show what skills the girls have? We want to try it and see how it has worked for others. Thanks!

G

gracefulone

We did, during the summer, so we could all see how close we were to getting the skills needed to move up. It was fun to track progress and a great motivater!

H

hammy

We used to have "star charts" that we could monitor our progress on. We would get little star stickers to put up on our charts when we accomplished skills-including strength and flexibility. I always loved putting stars up on my chart.

Laura

Coach
Gymnast
Oct 22, 2007
Australia
I have used one for my girls for the past year and a bit and they love it! They are more excited about getting to put a sticker on the chart than getting the actual skill i think! :p
I have just started one for my boys so they can see all the skills they need to be able to do in order to compete.... I am hoping it will motivate them to really work hard for these skills :)

So... I think they are a good idea and do work well :)

bluefeet

Coach/Proud Parent
May 14, 2007
Michigan
I'm glad this topic was posted, I've been wanting to do the same with our 'pre-team' L2-L4 girls.

Would any of you be able to provide example 'accomplishments' specifically for UB?

I've tried a few things on paper, but seem to get stuck on what might work best. I initially based it strictly on skills for ones given level...but then scratch my head trying to define specific accomplishments for each skill. Different color 'star' for attempted-spotted-'mastered'...that kind of thing?

I of course don't want to make it too complicated ;) ...but I'm hoping a fun idea like this would help motivate them to further develop a skill...as well as taking on new ones.

Cliff notes: What is on your chart? How is it managed?

Thanks!

G

gymnasticcoach

Progression Posters

If you are able to get a hold of the CANGYM PROGRAM from GYMNASTICS CANADA it is good because it shows pictures of the skills

Status
Not open for further replies.