WAG Skills with Grips?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Everyone is different, so some girls can't do their skills anymore, and have to relearn. Some just put them on and do them like before. I was one of the later ones but I know people that were like the first ones.

I agree with Flipomaniak. It's so different for everyone. There are some bar skills that (IMO) are usually pretty easy for gymnasts with or without grips-like mill circles and back hip circles-and some that are particularly harder to learn once you get grips, like the front hip circle (I can't TELL you how many gymnasts I've had that struggle with this skill after they get their grips!). But generally speaking, it's a toss up. I've seen many girls switch without the slightest hitch, but I've also had others that spent months competing without their grips because they couldn't get make their skills with them on.

I can speak for my daughter, there was definitely an adjustment period where she lost her kip for about 2 weeks. But she really didn't learn a good tap swing until she got her grips.

My DD also lost her kip but only for a few days, now the FHC was a different story, that took a lot longer to get back and I swear it never looked quite as good as before the grips!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back