Parents switching gyms

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

we are currently in a gym now that we love ONLY THING it is an hour away both ways. Our DD is a level 4 and just competed her first year she is only 6 years old and I would imagine she will stay with gymnastics. There is another gym about 15 mins away that is also a competitive gym. So my question is we are considering switching but how do we find out what gym has had better results? i.e. more girls sticking with it? Moving onto higher levels? more success? Scholarship??

Both gyms are very nice? Both teachers seem very nice? Again my daughter is only 6 so the switch will be thinking about IF she stays with gym long term and needs to be at the gym 5 or 6 days a week?? Thanks for any advice? Suggestions.

To check out team score, you can find them on your USAG site for you state. For example, Virginia is VAUSAG.com. You can also find scores on Mymeetscores.com. You can look up your states, completed meets and go on from there.

I am similar situation. I have been looking at team scores on mymeetscores.com - and talking to as many parents I can when I visit a gym....you also want to focus on scores of premier meets as opposed to local ones (try to talk to other gym moms to find out what they are)..but I find the actual scores are less important than the relative standing of teams...good luck!

ALSO: remember as they get into higher levels there will be more hours at the gym; I have more than one kid so it makes life easier for the whole family to be closer...unless you can arrange regular carpooling...closer is better:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back