WAG thank you "team" helpers!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Committed

Proud Parent
I want to say thank you to all the "big girls" who help out in the "little girl" classes. DD is on pre team with a level 9 "helper". She loves her so much and basically thinks of her as a celebrity!! DD loves this "big buddy" and it pushes her just a little bit more!

So...... for all you "big girls", you make more of a difference than you realize! Thanks!

I love being at the gym and the little girls clap after I do a skill or when they tell me they like my leotard or they say I'm really good, I think the older girls appreciate the "little girls" as much as they appreciate us

Our gym has a mentor system, so big girls offer to be a mentor to younger girls, and get a couple of pre competitive and younger competitive kids to "help" throughout the year. They have little journals they write back and forth with, act as a team during games at the Christmas party, etc. I think it is lovely for both the younger ones and the older ones.

aww.

I have an older girl, level 9ish, who does some of her workout with my preteam group bc of massive schedule conflicts (we're flexible...) and the little kids JUST LOVE HER. TO BITS. OH MY GOSH. Once 2 more big girls had to come in that day & my littles were in heaven.

And when the usual girl wasn't there? "I want to get $SKILL today so I can show $GIRL next week!"

Our gym doesn't have a mentor system like this, but one of our older optional gymnasts has been coaching for a few years (she's in her early 20s). She is coaching my youngest this summer, and my dd said last night that Coach B is her best friend. I think it's great that she's continuing to compete because it's helping demonstrate to the younger girls that you can continue to compete even when you are "older".

I agree that the younger girls made my day all the time when I was training. They always said hi to me, excited to show me new skills and giving me hugs. Even if I was having a bad day, they always made it better. Knowing they looked up to me kept me motivated all the time. One of the little girls was latched onto me at the year end party and wouldn't let go even when it was time to go home because she wasn't sure of the next time she would see me.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back