Parents Update on what Dani's been up to lately - Dance Team :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi guys! I haven't been here in a while so I thought I'd drop in and say hi!! Dani has been very busy with dance team this winter. She is LOVING dance team and is really growing as a dancer. She is competing in 2 contemporary/lyrical dances, 1 jazz production dance and her contemporary/pointe solo.

Here is a video of Dani's Jazz number from her last competition this past weekend. It was selected as Video of the Week!! She is the tall, lanky dark-haired one on the right hand side on one of the chairs in the beginning.

[video=youtube;Ccpwb5yVQNc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccpwb5yVQNc[/video]

I remember you and Dani! She looks fantastic, love her routine :) Turns and turns and turns, get 'em while you're young, puberty is the major turn hurdle. Then later when you have kids and your center of gravity changes again you tell your dance teacher that you're just turning where your butt takes you :p

Love those big production numbers! So much fun!! They looked really good. I have to say...I don't miss dance team...;)...but I am so glad that Dani is loving it. Hope you are having fun too!

Oooo, that was sharp! Loved it! So glad Dani is loving dance. She looks fantastic!

I finally convinced my DD to try a ballet class. That was back in September and now she has added jazz ;) She is loving it and has a wonderful instructor.

Keep updating us on Dani!

I remember you and Dani! She looks fantastic, love her routine :) Turns and turns and turns, get 'em while you're young, puberty is the major turn hurdle. Then later when you have kids and your center of gravity changes again you tell your dance teacher that you're just turning where your butt takes you :p

Lol so true. My first dance class after my kids I almost fell over doing a single pirouette. Your post made me snicker remembering the horror I felt

Thanks everyone! She is coming along nicely :). Since she is a "lefty" in dance and with her cartwheels and roundoffs, but right-handed with writing, she has found that she has to learn both ways because in dance they turn and do most skills on the right. So that is the biggest challenge with dance at the moment.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back