WAG 1 handed cartwheel?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I need some tips on how to do a 1 handed cartwheel! I can do a perfect, straight 2 handed cartwheel by my 1 handed cartwheel just doesn't work! I can't get my feet up in the air properly! And tips?!

I love one handed cartwheels. Pretend you're doing an aerial so basically swing your arm that doesn't touch the ground and whip it hard. It looks and feels cool too haha. And when you get that put the other hand on your hip and do it. Push hard and fast. And that should get the momentum to get it up straight. Point your toes but it doesn't matter that much the first few times. Sometimes if I want a powerful one I take a few steps into it!

gymnastics=10% talent 90% hard work

First start by placing the second hand on top of the first hand and cartwheel. Then focus on near arm (primary lead arm ) cartwheel, then far arm cartwheel.

So, me being a righty, would place my left hand on top of my right hand and cartwheel. I cartwheel right hand/leg leading. Then right arm cartwheel. Then left arm cartwheel off a right leg lunge.

I found that my far arm cartwheels were easier then my close arm cartwheels. It's different for everyone and just keep practicing and you'll get it.

When your first learning it you should use both hands but in the middle of the cartwheel pick one hand up. If your a lefty pick up your right hand but if your a righty pick up your left hand. Hope that helped!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back