WAG 2017 US Classic

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Often I don't think the gyms themselves understand how disruptive it can be to the whole program to have an elite. And once you are in it, you are in it big style, and the whole program is needed to support an elite so definitely a double edged sword. From the outside looking in , it can look amazing and inspiring to have an elite, and it is, but from the inside it can be divisive, financially and emotionally draining and leave successful JO gymnasts left out in the cold. It takes a lot of organisation and commitment to ensure that all gymnasts are catered for.
Can I love this times 1 million??? Coming from a gym where we had multiple elites, I know this couldn't be more accurate. While it's amazing and we are proud of our elite girls, it definitely shows where the focus is, and the popularity of the gym in return leads to more gymnasts per level, which means less individual attention. We are no longer at that gym, and are at a new one which fits our needs, but we of course still cheer on the elite girls from the old gym. Proud of them still, but happy to no longer be reaping the disadvantages (and saving $ being at a much more affordable gym due to the fact that they have no elites)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back