Parents A few Changes

• Thread starter Thread starter Ex member
  • Start date Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
E

Ex member

Hi, I have not visited this forum for a couple of weeks, since then there have been a few changes. My oldest dd who is 9 started disability trampolining classes ( very similar to normal able bodied classes just more coaches and an individual care plan for each gymnast, these classes are fantastic as the coach always speaks to you after each class giving you a report on how your child is doing and what they are working on). My dd went to her usually class and was the only child that turned up so she had the Coach to herself and they done some gymnastics as well as trampolining (my dd is on the waiting list for disability gymnastics). We had our usual chat after dd's session with the coast and they asked dd if she wanted to join their development (to train for competitions) disability gymnastics group. My dd will now go from doing no gymnastics to 6 hours a week.

My youngest dd will be moving to a different class from September ( still a rec class but at a later time).

great news. I know BG have really been training people up in disability gymnastics - there was a big push on it at the conference I went to 2 years ago. She should have a wonderful time

Thank you, my dd has her first competition down your end of the country in a few months near Bournemouth I think.

My dd tried gymnastics nearly 3 years ago when ahe just turned 6 in a mainstream class when disability gymnastics was nowhere near how it is now and my dd quit gymnastics as she couldn't cope with mainstream classes, her disability is physical.

there is a big physical difference both in strength and co-ordination between a 6 and 9 year old, add in a disability and those three years make a world of difference. Hopefully she will go from strength to strength, and have a blast doing it. Good luck in the competition.

Dd's strength and her co-ordination need a lot of work, her core is quite week, she is way behind her 6 year old sister in those area's and I have no doubt that gymnastics will help her immensely, when she first tried gymnastics nearly 3 years ago she could not run or jump but doing gymnastics for nearly a year helped her do those things.

How exciting! I hope she continues to improve!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back