Parents after a year of platoe...

• Thread starter Thread starter guest301
  • Start date Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
G

guest301

my dd (almost 5) got her backbend standup on the cheese mat, back walkover AND back hip circle all in 1 week.
I was competely ok with her just going and practicing whatever she already could and having fun, considering she is not 5 yet. i was not in a rush to see new tricks from her. within a year she did add a pullover to her skills but that was it. I was happy to seeher becoming stronger and more flexible but that was all i was looking for, untill now lol after a year we got 3 new things now lol all in one week:rolleyes:

That's awesome! You should be a proud Mama. I love it when I get to witness a new skill my DD has achieved. It make you "enjoy childhood" (ha) a lot more! :)

Congrats!

DD isn't made to do bridge stand-ups in class, and she HATES them. So, she won't practice. At the same time, she gets so frustrated that she hand do a front walkover. Weird!

Plateau

Hard to imagine the word plateau being applied to a five year old child, when most gymnasts don't even begin gym until later.

i know it can be hard to just let them enjoy the ride, but seeing the learning phase differently makes the whole experience more fun.

Do keep an eye out for back pain, bridges etc are usually avoided in he preschool years due to developmental issues. The lower back can easily become stressed from over use.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back