Parents Alex's Foot Update!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

AlexsGymmyMom

Proud Parent
Sorry I have not been on CB for awhile. I have been planning our vacation! We are leaving on a cruise Feb 27th. I can't wait we will be visiting St Thomas and St Maartan. We are going on Royal caribbean Freedom of the Seas! We have been on this ship before and it is awesome! ANyway....back to ALex!!

After about a month and 3 sets of x-rays they have finally determined that her foot is in fact broken. (stress fracture) Since the break was on a growth plate they had a hard time seeing it until it had done quite a bit of healing. the break was on the top of her right foot. She had just moved up to L5 and has only competed 1 meet (and only bars). She will be in the air boot for another 3 weeks at least so she will not have a chance to qualify for states which is the middle of March.

Ooh, so sorry to hear that! At least now they know what the issue is and can treat it appropriately. How is Alex taking the news about missing states?

Lots of healing fairies are heading her way!

Oh the poor thing. I can totally empathise my girls has had so many injuries I have lost count! She just went back after three weeks off, she has a meet on Saturday and she is NOT ready for it. No floor I fear as the tumbling is too much right now.

Make sure you take the time for her to heal fully, going back too soon never pays off.

Oh, so sorry. It has to be so tough to miss out on competing because of an injury. I admire these girls so much though for working as hard as they have to do to come back. They are amazing. Lots of healing vibes to her, for her foot and her spirit.

Bummer - I know exactly how you feel though! Dd is also in air cast boot. Best for the fracture to heal and get the girls 100%. Like I said to dd, she probably has about another 9 yrs left in the sport (if she does college), does she want to continue through those 9 yrs with lingering pain (if she were to come back too early) OR get healed now for the next 2/3 months and be pain free to really excel at her sport.

That seemed to put it into perspective and she decided the 2/3 months wasn't that bad considering the alternative.

Bummer! KNow how that is (Beth's been out of her cast for a few weeks now). Glad they were able to see that there was a break and get it casted properly

Thanks everyone! Today Alex has her last Level 5 meet but will only do bars. Her last meet she scored 8.0 on bars. She is still working on connecting her kip with her front hip circle. She is still muscling up her kip a little bit. I will try to post a video and maybe someone can give her some ideas. She also needs to work on her tap swings (they are not very high yet) but I think at her first meet she did GREAT!! I was just excited that she hit both kips!! WoooHooo!! Wish her luck this afternoon! Her last practice she was really struggling with her high bar kip so some high bar fairies would be appreciated!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back