Parents am I crazy?...need advice quick from parents/ coaches..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I wanted to share what happened after practice today with you. My son's coaches do the mini competitions with his team and then rank them based how they did. My son came out of practice with tons of energy. He was very excited that he came in second on vault. But he was WAYYYY more excited about who beat him! It was the youngest on the team and pretty much doesn't win anything because the team is very strong. My heart sung with pride because he was soooooo proud of his friend and teammate for doing so well! Team spirit!!!

because us boys/gymnastics is truly different than girls/gymnastics.:)

When I do mock type meets in practice I use the scientific method of alphabetical order by your middle name...or pick a number between 1 and ten...for meets on beam sometimes I go in order of who I believe is most likely to stick regardless of score potential and then I just hope that the sticking is contagious. I do not believe in going weakest to strongest...if I have a couple of weak routines I am going to try to hide them between some really strong routines:)

for meets on beam sometimes I go in order of who I believe is most likely to stick regardless of score potential and then I just hope that the sticking is contagious.
There's a gym we compete against that has their girls face away from the beam while others are competing. Guess they don't want falling to become contagious!

because us boys/gymnastics is truly different than girls/gymnastics.:)

Hey... watch it now! DD is always coming home thrilled for her teammates when they get a new skill, even if it's one she hasn't gotten yet. She often seems more excited to tell me about her teammates' accomplishments than her own. I am super proud of my daughter for being a hard-working gymnast and a super-supportive teammate!

While I know some super sweet, amazingly supportive girl gymnasts, boys gymnastics does have a different vibe then the girls. Even on the big televised competitions, the boys just have a different feel. Don't get me wrong, when a girl gets a new hard won skill for the first time in the gym, the erupting cheers always have me swinging around going "What'd I miss? Do it again!"

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back