Parents And she is bored

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
DD is on day 2 of 2 and is getting tired of all the parties!

Mine got a foam roller for Christmas which has allayed the boredom temporarily as she learns how to use it. Luckily, she's back at practice tomorrow.

Mine is temporarily distracted by her Rainbow Loom. She'll go back tomorrow morning through Saturday. The real test will be next week, where she has nothing until *maybe* Saturday!

Mine moaned and groaned when she found out there was no gymnastics on Christmas Day. Thank goodness they have workouts at the end of the week and next week or I'd never hear the end of it.

mine has two weeks off from Crimble, today has been spent consuming largish amounts of chocolate and walkovering up and down the room whilst twirling her ribbon Santa got her. I hate to think how stir crazy she will be by the 6th of January. :confused:

We have 2 weeks off, but there are a lot of ppl for the girls to visit and do Christmas with... they tend to go more crazy the 2nd week - but also spend the first week flipping and cartwheeling everywhere, lol.

My DD is dreading her time off! She does not want gymnastics breaks -- school she is okay with! She's been doing stuff at home, though, on her mat. I'm trying to get her to keep up with the stuff she doesn't enjoy while she is off... like conditioning and flexibility stuff. Oy.

Back to the gym tomorrow for us. DD spent the entire afternoon running dance throughs and counting the minutes until bedtime. :)

I dread time off... older gymmie tends to decide that she wants whole new routines... wouldnt be as bad if they didnt come with completely new music (fingers crossed she is too busy for that this break (especially since she will only have 3 practices before the next meet)!

Her last big break (last year... 3 weeks before YMCA Nationals) she decided on a new floor routine with new music. I got the music made in plenty of time, but couldn't get the cd player at the gym to read the first 4 copies... so she had 3 practices actually with the music to prepare for Nationals... all things considered, 2nd highest score of the season isn't bad!

Both dd's are off until 2nd Jan, they both go on a Thursday so today is the first day they have missed, my oldest dd also goes on a Saturday so will miss that day as well, the gym is open for a few days during the Christmas's and new year week but it all comes down to the coaches availability and both of dd's coaches are taking a well earned break. My oldest dd has got some conditioning to do during the break and my youngest dd is doing it with her.

We are all off to watch a panto tomorrow at the local theatre watching a few stars from film and television, after that we have 1 more session off gym before going back in the new year.

D goes back today. Thank goodness he only had 2 days off! he missed Friday of last week due to smacking hte high bar with his shins, and had the weekend off, so 3 days is my limit!!! He has a pommel horse at home now, so at least that can keep him busy on breaks ;)

Actually, for the first time this year, new books/puzzles, bowling with cousins, cooking with grandma and such is holding DD - she actually complained about going to gym this am...granted she only has Christmas Eve, Christmas and New years day off...so not much....I don't know if she's just more balanced this year, or its the darn trouble she's having being consistant with her giants....

Yep, we actually had tumbling on Monday and I am grateful to have team practice tomorrow. Mine has about beat a hole in my wall doing handstands and whatever against it. The trampoline has also gotten a lot of use, even with it cold!

5 practices until we start our season!!

Fortunately we had two practices this week (the second one was today).

When people ask me how we can cope with 16 hours in the gym each week, I just smile and tell them it's the days off that I dread. Without all that time in the gym she gets crazy bored and restless.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back