Parents Another Meet. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Reaction score
Ellie is tonight and Emma is on Sunday. In between we are going to the beach to take pics and go to the outlet. :) Girls are really looking forward to the trip. Both are so excited. Goals-up scores, stick beam, look confidant. Ellie wants to get a 10.0 on bars. LOL

Megan

Good luck to your girls! My dd competes Sunday - first meet of the season so the goal is to get through it with no major disasters!

Good luck to your girls! My dd competes Sunday - first meet of the season so the goal is to get through it with no major disasters!

Good Luck toyour DD as well. I hope she has lots of fun at her 1st L7 meet :)

Megley you made me laugh! Its funny how you progress through the levels, your definition of a successful meet change. Disaster-free meets are our goals too!

Good luck to all competing this weekend!

Megley you made me laugh! Its funny how you progress through the levels, your definition of a successful meet change. Disaster-free meets are our goals too!

Good luck to all competing this weekend!

LOL! Well the chance for disasters seems to increase exponentially the higher the level! I'll be a total basket case once I have to deal with flipping vaults.

Good luck to you girls!

My DD has first meet of the season as a L7 tomorrow.

Thanks

Thank you all! It was a hard weekend.
For several reasons, we don't compete in our state. We did our first state meet in over a year. The head of the state chair is also a judge. She does not like our coaches. It is VERY obvious. She talks bad about them to her other judge friends. She takes it out on the children. I am not kidding.

Seriously, how often do you see a gymnast from this state with a college scholarship or at level 10. It does not happen due to this behavior. Obviously there are problems with the system here.

Well, Ellie went Friday night. She got fifth all around. Her lowest placing ever. Emma was Sunday. As she was about to vault, the judge calls our coach over to Double Check her number. Harrassment. Went all through the meet with each of our girls. No one else's children but ours. A friendly judge told our coach that the head judge had told them to score our girls harder. So if two judges are sitting there. One gave these scores, then the other talked them down from the score saying what the head judge said about just our girls. Yeah, makes sense. Needless to say, it was not Emma's best meet. Skill wise she improved. Placement-no. Thankfully, the older girls understand what they were dealing with before hand. My youngest was in tears. At bars, one judge said that our girls had the best form for the event, but wasn't allowed to score them that way. Crazy.

Anyway, this is our last meet here for a LONG time. Next meet is in in the southeast.
The rest of the weekend....we drove an hour to hotel near beach. Major drama there. Hotel was nasty, and manager was nasty. 3 hours later we are in a new hotel room at a different hotel. It is one am. We slept late. Then hit the beach to play and take photos. We went to the mall and outlets. Finally, we went to the The Shed BBQ . It was featured on Diners and Dives. :) It was wonderful. yummy. Back to room and to bed. Sunday=back at meet from hell. Yeah, lots of fun. Emma walked away saying she did the best ever. And she did-except beam=very wobbly. Her vault was decent and floor and and bars-all scoring very high eights. Imagine what it would have been without the before mentioned situation.

Now, situation. I have really thought about it. I can't do anything about it without making it worse. You can't call the head of the state as that is her. You can't call our regions head as they are buddies. So we stay out of this area and head to nearby states.

What a shame when a child's sport becomes about the adults.

That is horrible. Glad Emma was happy with how she performed!!!

Monique

B 5 year old level 1 k 3 year old rec

Oh emandelsmom. I know exactly what you are talking about. The head of the judges in our area hates my dd's gym and has pulled the same bs. Luckily we have some very good, up-standing judges who will not be bullied by this woman. But how all the gymnast and parents hate to see "that judge" at a meet:mad: It makes me so mad for our girls to have that extra pressure, as well as feeling they have done something wrong (double:mad:). One year this woman went so far as to say our gym did not register our Level 9's for states - even though the check had been cashed!!! One of the coaches drove back to our gym to bring back the canceled check for proof - unbelievable!

Glad you all made it through the meet. Tell you girls to keep their chins up, and not to let that judge get to them with her childish and wrong behavior. It is a good, if hard, lesson to learn - and should be unnecessary:(

Good luck with the rest of your meets.

@ GymJoy
YES!!! That is the same type of behavior. When we hosted a meet she cancelled the equipment contract and the judges and would not turn over the entries to us. She does the same thing about meets. Saying we never paid when we have.
To make life easier, we don't do meets in our state. She is too evil. If I had not lived, I would not believe that someone with that type of leadership would be so mean. . It is holding back the whole state. There are no college gymnasts from our state. Maybe a handful of level 10s. But they aren't true level tens. Take the same girls to regionals and they place last.

Wow, what a horrible situation! We complain about one of the judges in our area who happens to also be a gym owner and seems to score her girls higher on the event she judges, but have experienced nothing like what you are describing! That is just so horribly unfair! What do you all do for States? Just grin and bear it? Good for your girls realizing that they are doing just fine and it is the judging that is skewed.

We don't do states. We avoid it. Our coach says we will attempt it at level seven. This lady has all the power. SHe is gym owner, judge, head of the state usag, and owns the scoring company. You can't escape her.

Ugh that is hideous about that nasty woman. I am so sorry that people take their problems out on CHILDREN.:( High 8's for Emma are very impressive considering the situation. Sorry about the nasty hotel too. That is a BUMMER. The restuarant sounds good though! Here is to many more good meets away from that woman!

Thank you! I told her they were great too. She is a very evil woman. Next meet is in TN and should be so much fun! :) Held at the convention center.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back